Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 93 foxbody with NYES Automotive 582 BBC with BB3 Brodix heads(15:1 comp) @ 36 deg of timing on methanol with a 4500 Dominator with 204 jets squared in it, a 2sp PG with 4.88 gears..My question is im trying to creep up on my consistency its getting better but my AFR during the run is like 5.8 and i believe thats on the lean side it doesnt seem like im NOT using that much fuel and my oil isnt even close to looking like any kind of milk its perfect looking oil..Should i keep creeping up on being consistant and if so what else can i do to b consistant because it looks like 208 jets will b the best i can put in my carb..ty

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I have 93 foxbody with NYES Automotive 582 BBC with BB3 Brodix heads(15:1 comp) @ 36 deg of timing on methanol with a 4500 Dominator with 204 jets squared in it, a 2sp PG with 4.88 gears..My question is im trying to creep up on my consistency its getting better but my AFR during the run is like 5.8 and i believe thats on the lean side it doesnt seem like im NOT using that much fuel and my oil isnt even close to looking like any kind of milk its perfect looking oil..Should i keep creeping up on being consistant and if so what else can i do to b consistant because it looks like 208 jets will b the best i can put in my carb..ty
Jet for MPH. Then adjust timing.up 2 degrees and see.
How far down is the plating burnt off the plug base? Any plating left or just exhaust residue?
Assuming there are no exhaust leaks, 5.8 is pretty lean, like .91 lambda.
I can slow my brother's car down easily going from 5.1 to 5.4. It seems happiest at 5.2.
BBCs can tolerate a bit leaner but .85 lambda is a good power mixture to shoot for. Looks like you need to make about a 7% richer mixture.
Vacuum pumps and proper running temps eliminate milking the oil.
Lean is not mean with methanol, in fact most folks like to avoid that.
Like bigblockmark said, jet for performance then move the spark line on the ground strap towards the bend.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Do not worry about your O2 readings until you get it tuned right. Tune for MPH and ET. When you get that right then look at the O2 and that is the number you want what ever it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts