Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The racing gods had "No Mercy" on my team. :rolleyes:

This past weekend at SGMP I was strapped into my car for first round of eliminations. I was racing Chad Branson and we were called into the water box. I go to start my car and it doesn't make a sound. I wasn't sure what the hell was wrong it but I was definitely in a bit of panic. <Slight understatement! :p

During this time Chad in his very cool P101 Dart waited patiently for me in the water box while I tried to get started. Next thing I know Stevie Fast Jackson pops his head in the passenger side door and asks where the solenoid is. He has an open end wrench and bare handed got the car to turn over and almost started until he burnt his hand trying. Dave Klaput jumps in and grabs the wrench and a towel and takes over where Steve left off. Finally the car starts and I get to the water box.

We get to the tree it comes down and I just sit there. :rolleyes: Car wouldn't come up on the brake and I don't know if I should laugh or cry! :confused: :p

I would like to thank Steve Jackson for helping a fellow racer, Dave Klaput of Proformance Trans for helping a very satisfied customer, and Chad Branson for his great sportsmanship! :)

Thanks again and thanks to my team Dave "Money" Zimmerman, Sheri "Cupcake" Zimmerman, and Billy Krueger.

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
That's awesome! Good guys to be friends with from the sounds of it

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
It must have been something in the air near our pit area that was giving us both terrible luck!!!!Nice meeting you and your crew this weekend

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Nice meeting you and no problem waiting sorry you had troubles would have been a good race.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Sorry to hear about the troubles, that really sucks as you were making good progress this weekend.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Trace and Dave it was nice meeting you guys in the lanes and back at the trailer. Trace as soon as you left chad walked back not 45 seconds later. You guys are a class act and look forward lining them up again in the future!
Mike

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Sorry to hear about the rotten luck Trace, It was great meeting the Team Z crew! I was behind ya in the Dark Green car in staging on Fri.
You going to Bradenton this weekend??

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It must have been something in the air near our pit area that was giving us both terrible luck!!!!Nice meeting you and your crew this weekend
Billy, you're a cool dude with a beautiful car. No joke on something being in the air around our pit. With your new Big Stuff 3 box you will going even quicker and faster in short order.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Trace and Dave it was nice meeting you guys in the lanes and back at the trailer. Trace as soon as you left chad walked back not 45 seconds later. You guys are a class act and look forward lining them up again in the future!
Mike
Nice to meet you as well Mike.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Trace was it the 11/16 wrench I gave my dad to give them to smack the starter/jump it? If so I wish you would have kept it because my car did the same thing on the starting line. I'm throwing that bad luck wrench away. lol

·
Chupa Cabra
9,824 Posts
Chad is an awesome heads up racer that will talk to and help anyone out that needs it. Glad I get to see him race locally each month. Class act for sure, and that was mighty cool of killin time to help ya out along with the guy that finally got it going.

·
Registered
686 Posts
id just like to add that we race with Chad Branson locally almost every weekend, & he is truly a nice guy. He shows much respect for his fellow racers & treats people as he would want to be treated. --i do not personally know the other 2 sorry.

·
Chupa Cabra
9,824 Posts
id just like to add that we race with Chad Branson locally almost every weekend, & he is truly a nice guy. He shows much respect for his fellow racers & treats people as he would want to be treated. --i do not personally know the other 2 sorry.
This x2.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Trace was it the 11/16 wrench I gave my dad to give them to smack the starter/jump it? If so I wish you would have kept it because my car did the same thing on the starting line. I'm throwing that bad luck wrench away. lol
Could have been, I don't know where the hell Steve came from let alone the wrench! lol I know you or your Dad would offer anything in a second though. It was good seeing you and I was sorry to hear you had an issue too.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I looked over and saw the whole dash shaking so I figured something was wrong and Ruby said it wasnt starting. Dad asked me if I had something to smack the starter with and thats when I had them get the wrench I use to tight my N20 hoses. Sorry about the multiple bad luck issues this weekend, but I know you and I still bet you had a good time. I know I did.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I looked over and saw the whole dash shaking so I figured something was wrong and Ruby said it wasnt starting. Dad asked me if I had something to smack the starter with and thats when I had them get the wrench I use to tight my N20 hoses. Sorry about the multiple bad luck issues this weekend, but I know you and I still bet you had a good time. I know I did.
I had a great time. Dave, Sheri, and Billy always make it fun. I've had plenty of good luck over the years so when the bad luck comes I just accept it and move on.

If the wrench is burned at all from the welding let me know so I can replace it. I should be able to find a nice one at Harbor Freight! :p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts