Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what to do here. lower a arm and upper a arm are connected by the spindle. Spring is on lower a arm and the top of the spring is in a spring pocket welded to the frame. upper a arm is resting on the stop. When i measure from spindle to fender then jack the car up under center of front frame, has no droop the measurment does not change because of uppers being on stops. I need some suggestions on how the heck to get some travel. Longer springs wont help. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also front is so stiff i cant even push it down.

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
sounds like it needs a lighter longer spring do you have a picture its easier to see what your saying and what your working with. It has to be a handfull to drive it its solid

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is. I have pics on here but cant post for some reason. Also does not look like stock lowers. But i have nothing to compare to. If i email you a couple of pics could you post them for me. if so i would appreciate it. Car spins on the line and is all over the place the entire run.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx I sent you a few.

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
Is the upper and lower mounts fabricated? maybe moved in to far. or a short spindle (the upper ball joint) pulling the upper down to far looks like a Mustang II/Pinto set up

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am not sure. I bought it this way as a roller. The bottom arm is not an a arm like i thought the vegas had. I will go get a pic of that and see what you think. If i could just go with a longer spindle that would help a lot.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Sent you some more jeff. Thanx again. Not in the pic but there is a rod with a rod end on one end extending from the lower arm to about 16" in front of it. I would guess to maybe keep it from collapsing backward. The only info i was able to find out from previous owner was that the guy he got it from used it as a wheelstander and it had a bbc in it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just looked up the mustang II suspension. Yup thats what it is. Now can i get rid of the support rod. i dont see that in any pics. Could that have been added just so it would not collapse when landing the wheelstands?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanx Jeff appreciate you helping me out. Its a wild ride right now. So i havent run it all out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts