Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen, yes I use that term loosely.

I have an F1A on my 408 LS1. Holley dominator EFI controlling everything. I have not driven this car much and can say that I am still ironing out bugs. I felt I was further along than I really am.

Short drive yesterday I hammer throttle on highway and it just did not feel as though I was making much boost. I kept driving around at different levels of excitement and didnt notice the boost gauge on the touch screen doing anything.

I do have a wastegate on this system to control boost at a later date. Right now there are very stiff springs in the waste gate and I do have compressor pressure going to the bottom wastegate port.

I am stumped right now. I did order a mechanical pressure gauge so I can see if it is just something stupid but I wont have it until tomorrow.

Any thoughts and ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
6T6 - good idea. I will try that. I was going to put a on/off valve inline from the procharger to the wastegate, this is a far simpler fix.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a wastegate that is used for the boost control on a procharged car. I also have a bypass valve which is open at idle and cruise. It shuts under load. I am going to confirm it is shutting under boost later today. It is a "big red" race valve from procharger.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
we had an issue with the pushloc fittings we were using, if you didn't push the lines in hard, they wouldn't seal. went from 9 to 18 psi with the last 1/8" of push, lol

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know it has to be something simple. I am going to go over all of the push lock stuff tonight and make sure I am not missing anything. Its always about that 1/8" isnt it!!! haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts