Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice the lack of beadlocks or rimscrews on a couple of the Pro-Extreme cars this weekend. Is the glue all that is really needed to hold the bead on these monsters? IIRC it saves about 9-12lbs of weight off of each wheel not running with beadlocks. It looks like it's working. Any thoughts??

Paul Langlie

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
they use an inner liner

·
T/S 368E
29,976 Posts

It's actually illegal to not use one or the other.
I know I would never trust glue to hold one of those monsters, that's for sure.

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,043 Posts
I am not that familiar w/liners. Why would you choose one over the other??
x2 i was around drag racing along time but never really seen them or understand the concept ... is it like a h1 hummer wheel where it is a split wheel and there is a solid spacer inside ?

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
A small liner about the width of the rim and 1/2 the diameter of the tire. (like a small tire) A dual action valve or two valves that will inflate indepently.The liner is inflated to 45 psi and it exerts pressure on the inner beads of the tire. The void between the liner and the tire is inflated to the pressure you normally run at 5.5-7 psi.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
anyone have a picture of this???

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Yep,they are running innerliners because it makes the sidewall stiffer and resists tire shake better then a beadlock setup. prob started doing it at the request of Manzo....

·
My Own Worst Enemy
3,411 Posts
Scruggs was one of the first to start doing the innerliners in Pro Extreme (at the end of the 2008 season I believe is when he started using them). He said they took some getting used to but he likes them.

·
Aggressive Mediocrity
10,026 Posts
Sounds cool but not quite sure I get it. I second the call for a photo or drawing.

·
Turbo Terror
14,346 Posts
the concept... i guess they use these alot in 4x4 rock crawling.. low air deals. I am sure the race ones are the same concept as the 4x4 ones

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
the concept... i guess they use these alot in 4x4 rock crawling.. low air deals. I am sure the race ones are the same concept as the 4x4 ones

Thanx for the pics. Are these expensive over a regular headlock???

·
Registered
784 Posts
Seems like this would be a much better alternative in some cases. #1 less weight, #2 no Brake clearance issues on 15" wheels, #3, torquing down all them beadlock bolts is a PITA. About the only disadvantage I can see is it's more difficult to mount the slicks than with the beadlock.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Cost?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts