Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does the NHRA have to do with the NMRA suspensions ????

From Drag Racing Online:

NMRA racers suspended

Despite their race getting rained out last weekend there was more than a little action in the NMRA teardown barns at Acto Dragway in New Jersey. Seems the Factory Stock points leader was busted for illegal cylinder heads.
According to an NMRA official, the racer had ported heads in a stock head class and will get a six-month suspension and a year probation. Also at least one other prominent racer refused an official’s request to remove a part of his car’s body for inspection. The penalty for that infraction should the appeal be denied the racer could face a two-year suspension.
Interestingly, since the NMRA is an NHRA-approved ASO, the NHRA technical and legal staff, not just the NMRA staff, is involved in the issue. [8/14/2008]

·
Registered
687 Posts
I believe ASO is Alternate Sanctioning Organization. In order for NMRA to run there events at NHRA sanctioned tracks, they must be approved by NHRA. If you violate the rules, the penalties COULD extend over to NHRA events as well.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
At least you know "the Agent" is reading the bullet -- I wouldn't think that the NMRA would be broadcasting the fact of racer suspensions.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you know who "the Agent" is ??? Find out and then tell me what he may or may not know and who he knows in the racing world. Not bashing you but this guy might know a thing or two.

Plus this is all just hear say until NMRA makes it official. I agree with you on that point.

Jim

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Do you know who "the Agent" is ??? Find out and then tell me what he may or may not know and who he knows in the racing world. Not bashing you but this guy might know a thing or two.

Plus this is all just hear say until NMRA makes it official. I agree with you on that point.

Jim
Nope, don't know who he or she is (I bet that biggs knows) -- all I know is that they are usually on top of what's going on and are normally unbiased in their reporting. All I was pointing out was that it is all to obvious that they probably read the bullet.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not a problem Jim, and now it's official about the the 2 years. Just a bummer for the sport all around.

Jim

·
Registered
687 Posts
Not a problem Jim, and now it's official about the the 2 years. Just a bummer for the sport all around.

Jim
Jim,

Just curious, why do you feel it's a bummer for the sport. Not trying to start anything, I just want another perspective. I've just always been of the opinion that rules are in place for a reason and if you do not follow the rules then you suffer the consequences.

JB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts