Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
.Sounds like a $3000 fuel bill to me......Think ill miss that no one even shows for Tx ,wonder how they think someone will travel tha far.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
.Sounds like a $3000 fuel bill to me......Think ill miss that no one even shows for Tx ,wonder how they think someone will travel tha far.
You think they would learn from ffw's mistake to have an event on the westcoast. They even tried their "battle of the brands" and it still did not work. Also, to have a race in late July at Fontana??? It going to be a little warm!!!!!

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
I was reading Sparrow's editorial last night in FSC about the upcoming schedule & was wondering what the thought was behind having a west coast race. I will probably drive up for a day or two to check it out. I hope that they get some West coast folks that can fit into their classes. that would be cool.

Bob

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was reading Sparrow's editorial last night in FSC about the upcoming schedule & was wondering what the thought was behind having a west coast race. I will probably drive up for a day or two to check it out. I hope that they get some West coast folks that can fit into their classes. that would be cool.

Bob
I spoke to Charlie Harmon about it and he stated it was for the West Coast Sponsors ........ I'll be there

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
I wonder how many cars will be in the heads up catagories. The NMCA rules are quite different than the west coast heads up organizations.
They will be adopting west coast rules into their program.

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts

Bob
Same thing Jimmy said, Bob. Their HQ are out here, there are a ton of manufacturers out here (JE, Ross, Edelbrock, Racepak, Wilwood, Baer, Alston, etc etc )
That and Mark Dawson is from Maple Grove and has a long standing relationship with Promedia.
Hopefully the West Coast will show up and support the event.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Same thing Jimmy said, Bob. Their HQ are out here, there are a ton of manufacturers out here (JE, Ross, Edelbrock, Racepak, Wilwood, Baer, Alston, etc etc )
That and Mark Dawson is from Maple Grove and has a long standing relationship with Promedia.
Hopefully the West Coast will show up and support the event.
X2.

Bob

·
1-877-MOD-POWR
1,550 Posts
We are excited about this race and will of course support it and the NMRA's decision to give it a shot again on the West Coast, if done properly west coast races have grown in popularity (ie PSCA series)

We look forward to matching up with some of the NMCA and NMRA guys so hopefully it will be a good event!

:party

·
Registered
590 Posts
They will be adopting west coast rules into their program.
West Coast rules? Like PSCA?

This could be a fun back to back race with the PSCA running the weekend before at the same track. If the rules are gonna be the same as PSCA it would be a great opportunity to run my car at one and Kurtis at the other.

·
Race Pages Magazine
2,532 Posts
Just got the word that Ford Racing has signed on to sponsor the Mustang Maddness class at the inaugural JE Pistons NMRA/NMCA WEST COAST SHOOT-OUT presented by Lucas Oil Products, July 8-10 at Auto Club Raceway in Fontana, California.

The class will be conducted under the traditional PSCA format and rules with T&T on Friday, Qualifying on Saturday and Eliminations on Sunday. All participants in this class will be eligible for the posted NMRA cash contingency awards as well!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Just got the word today. They will be using PSCA rules. Our plan is to run my Camaro at the PSCA race in Pro Street and Kurtis Cobalt at the NMCA race the following weekend in 10.5...... Looks like fun.

Hope some of the East Coast hitters come west. Just think about it. How often do you guys get the chance to get spanked by the west coast pansies ;) :-Daw.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts