Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just in , Dan Bills just crashed on the top end at Rt. 66 during the NMRA event today, he's in good shape from what we're getting.....thank god! :lol:

.....However the car is about a total loss :(

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just finished talking to J.C., Dan went 7.24 @ 202.76 on the pass and the throttle stuck!, that's all Dan remembered, he's 100% okay , a little sore but in good shape :-D

·
Registered
645 Posts
I was there and almost cried, that was a beautiful car! Just glad he's ok. He says he'll build another car.

·
Never hit Newbie Thread
10,393 Posts
I talked to my buddy from Fast Times.. Said Dan hit the short turnoff, which is normally closed. Car is a total loss. Said when he hit the traps the throttle hung and was too busy trying to shut the motor down and keep it under control. dan spectulates that when he shut the motor down, it took the weight off the rearend and got loose.. from there he was just a passanger..

Glad Dan is ok...

Vanilla

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Hutch sent them so I can't take the credit.....Thanks Hutch......it only took 2 putor numbsckulls to do what any 5 year old can do lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
the way i see it ,the throttle stuck the brakes got locked up.From the top of the tower you can see the tire tracks very clearly.What a same it was a nice car.

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
Sorry to see that happen but glad to see Dan standing behind the car in one of the pictures. I also like how the driver's compartment looks intact. The 25:2 spec looks like a good deal so far.

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
OK, changed my mind. Looks like the passenger side tubes just broke right off. Not good. Would mild steel handle this type of impact better than chrome moly? Mild steel will bend before it breaks because it is more ductile right?

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Jim,ive ? that for a long time. I relize nascar is a differnt style of racing but,mild steel will asorbe alot of impact where molly will break. :wink:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts