Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
nhra pro stock us GM dominated, nhra factory stock is now GM dominated..force got away from his ford deal starting to think nhra are pro Chevrolet

·
Registered
2 Posts
nhra pro stock us GM dominated, nhra factory stock is now GM dominated..force got away from his ford deal starting to think nhra are pro Chevrolet
Nhra sucks if its a ford you will get slowed down that way for ever to the mopar guy in the 70s 426x 5lbs 351c 71/2 lbis per cube add it up and tell me how bad your hemi was sbc also 5 per cube look it up in a old rule book. No Hot Rods Allowed is what nhra stands for i hope they go under.I was a member in the 60s.Rumor is last 7 races they slowed the cobra jets down and some of the top cars are for sale they will get what they want and turn it in to prostock

·
Registered
28,207 Posts
Nhra sucks if its a ford you will get slowed down that way for ever to the mopar guy in the 70s 426x 5lbs 351c 71/2 lbis per cube add it up and tell me how bad your hemi was sbc also 5 per cube look it up in a old rule book. No Hot Rods Allowed is what nhra stands for i hope they go under.I was a member in the 60s.Rumor is last 7 races they slowed the cobra jets down and some of the top cars are for sale they will get what they want and turn it in to prostock
Just a second. You’re saying the Cleveland was at 7.5 #’s per inch, and the SBC was at 5#’s per inch? And so was the Hemi? So the SBC was 827#’s heavier? Surely I’m misunderstanding your post.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Our engine builder, Gale Pawley, was the designer and cylinder head/intake manifold guru for the Drag Paks when they first came out. At that time, he was pretty upset when the Chrysler racers came out and blistered everyone by two tenths. WHY did they do something stupid like that, he ask? Instead of milking that performance advantage, they insulted everyone. That led to Ford and Chevy asking, and receiving blowers the following winter.We are our own worse enemies sometimes. Not saying I would have did anything differently, but timeslips have consequences ..

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,548 Posts
My understanding is that nhra will keep taking away boast to keep the cars in the 7.90-8.00 times.
you say that jokingly but i read like 2yrs ago or more their goal was keep all of them max of 7.8s

basically just a glorified index class..once i read that i stopped paying attention to that class..shit id rather see that as prostock vs how pro stock is now..nhra fucked up by being on the fuel guys nuts so hard..yes fuel is cool..but real appearing pro stock cars with current engine platforms,true outlaw fuel cars an funny cars would be sick,imagine them with screw blowers..bring back sling shots an altered like they run at bakersfield march meet every yr rules wise..let promod go full outlaw,bring in radial vs the world an then run your other classes an maybe a retro gasser class..crowds would come..never seen a march meet,rvw or a south east gasser show not packed full of fans

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
you say that jokingly but i read like 2yrs ago or more their goal was keep all of them max of 7.8s

basically just a glorified index class..once i read that i stopped paying attention to that class..shit id rather see that as prostock vs how pro stock is now..nhra fucked up by being on the fuel guys nuts so hard..yes fuel is cool..but real appearing pro stock cars with current engine platforms,true outlaw fuel cars an funny cars would be sick,imagine them with screw blowers..bring back sling shots an altered like they run at bakersfield march meet every yr rules wise..let promod go full outlaw,bring in radial vs the world an then run your other classes an maybe a retro gasser class..crowds would come..never seen a march meet,rvw or a south east gasser show not packed full of fans
There's not much of a choice to keep them in that range with the way the cars are now. With the stronger Ford's having already ran.60 or in the high .50's, they're on the threshold of the current chassis cert.

Now that said, I'm completely with your logic on some full-chassis "real appearing" Pro Stock cars, featuring the current engine platforms that each offers. Not sure how Detroit would buy into that long-term, especially since that has already been talked about and apparently squelched, but it would still be cool, nonetheless.

Sean D

21 - 30 of 30 Posts