Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looked at us nationals qualifying sheet and all camaros with a few mopar and 1 ford. is there reason Mustangs run nmca instead of nhra?

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
The NHRA tech department has been hammering the Fords with additional handicaps mainly in pulley sizes to reduce their performance. They have been penalizing them almost each event after they show a significant performance advantage. I think it is BS and they should let the manufacturers step up or shut up. I am a GM guy, but appreciate what the Fords have done and don't like seeing a virtual COPO race.

The DragPaks had an advantage for a bit then came the CobraJets. It should be the manufacturers that close the gap and not the NHRA Tech department in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
The NHRA tech department has been hammering the Fords with additional handicaps mainly in pulley sizes to reduce their performance. They have been penalizing them almost each event after they show a significant performance advantage. I think it is BS and they should let the manufacturers step up or shut up. I am a GM guy, but appreciate what the Fords have done and don't like seeing a virtual COPO race.

The DragPaks had an advantage for a bit then came the CobraJets. It should be the manufacturers that close the gap and not the NHRA Tech department in my opinion.
Reminds me of the old 70's Pro Stock weight breaks. The Cleveland took a beating.
NHRA has to answer to it's biggest sponsors including manufacturers and the aftermarket. They probably sell more LS parts than Coyote. NHRA has to make sure the LS has an advantage.

·
Denouned
1,324 Posts
Reminds me of the old 70's Pro Stock weight breaks. The Cleveland took a beating.
NHRA has to answer to it's biggest sponsors including manufacturers and the aftermarket. They probably sell more LS parts than Coyote. NHRA has to make sure the LS has an advantage.
I hope they 86 ford out like Wally did to Mopar in the early 70s.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Reminds me of 1973 went the Mopar Hemis got slammed with 7,25 lbs per cubic inch....vs the small blocks 6.5,,,,,Wally Parks told the Mopars no matter what you do....we will not let you win....So go suck a egg Ford.....

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Was in Martin Michigan one weekend ago for the NMCA NMRA race. The fastest cobrajet ran like 7.65 and the Camaros and Mopars were running 8.00s Kinda hard to compete with the Cobrajet with there 3.0 blowers if you can only run a 2.9 blower.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Reminds me of 1973 went the Mopar Hemis got slammed with 7,25 lbs per cubic inch....vs the small blocks 6.5,,,,,Wally Parks told the Mopars no matter what you do....we will not let you win....So go suck a egg Ford.....
The Cleveland had to carry extra weight too.

·
Smart Ass Conservative
110,701 Posts
I was told by a friend that a reliable source(one who runs a FSS car) said the Fords were boycotting NHRA because of the constant changes to their combo.
Thats true they did .

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Was in Martin Michigan one weekend ago for the NMCA NMRA race. The fastest cobrajet ran like 7.65 and the Camaros and Mopars were running 8.00s Kinda hard to compete with the Cobrajet with there 3.0 blowers if you can only run a 2.9 blower.
dont the fords have big pullies slowing the blower down?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts