Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm reading my newest and saw where they allowed a Full Tube Chassis car in the class??? I've got a similar type car and was wondering if they are normally that lenient on the Class Rules??

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,413 Posts
Slim what rules are you looking at? For 2011 they are not even allowing ladder bars on a stock chassis....

CHASSIS & SUSPENSION​
CHASSIS/FRAME:​
Stock-type chassis, permitted. Stock firewall & stock front frame rails must be in stock
location and unmodified. Starting at firewall rearward, floor and chassis may be replaced
with aftermarket components. Full tube-type chassis vehicles prohibited.

FRONT SUSPENSION: Stock-type front suspension, or stock bolt-in-type replacement
front suspension required. Tubular front suspension components permitted. Coil over
shocks/struts are permitted. Bolt-in front suspension retrofit kits (ex. Heidt’s, Fatman,
etc) are permitted.

REAR SUSPENSION:
Stock type chassis and stock type suspension is required. Coil-over shocks and springs
permitted for both front and rear suspension. Shocks and spring may be re-located.
Standard bolt-on replacement suspension and chassis components are permitted. Tubular
bolt-in front K-members and A-arm kits are permitted. Back-half vehicles are prohibited.​
Ladder bars and/or aftermarket 4-links are prohibited. Wheelie bars are prohibited.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Is this the True Street where they use to allow ladder bars then took them away to eliminate certain cars from running?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the Fastest Street Car issue I just received in the Mail, they had a Tube Chassis Mustang that competed in True Street In St Louis. Did they change the rules for this one race??

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,413 Posts
In the Fastest Street Car issue I just received in the Mail, they had a Tube Chassis Mustang that competed in True Street In St Louis. Did they change the rules for this one race??
I dunno what is in the mag, I can only tell you what the rules actually say.
They say no tube chassis, no backhalf, no 4 link and no ladder bars.

They do make mistakes sometime and say one car is running a certain class when they are actually running a different class. I wouldn't try to determine rules for a class by looking at the mag is all i'm saying. I've run NMCA true street and they look the cars over pretty good, i highly doubt a tube chassis car was able to sneek in, but.....

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On Page 54 of the Feb, 2011 issue, under TREMEC TRUE STREET it says: "Sporting a Full tube Chassis and a 4 link, Mark Panther's Mustang..." He ended up winning the event with a low 9 sec average. Nothing against this dude, I'm just wondering how he got in this class.....

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
It is in the very beginning of the article. SLIM I read the EXACT same thing and was going to post over on their site or ask the author Derek Putnam about that. I am guessing that he is just using those words to make a comparison of sorts to his car and what it SEEMS it could be because of the performance but NO they do not allow full tube chassis cars in the class and everyone knows that so it would seem unlikely. This was called the Foldenhauer (spelling) rule from a guy who in the early days was dominating with his tube chassis Monza and he was sent packing.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
The new rules really dont make much sense. Eliminating ladder bars/4 link cars isnt going to slow the field down. There are TONS of real fast (streetable) stock style suspension cars anyway.

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
I even googled the guys name a couple of nights ago to see if there were any tech sheets or articles other places about his car but all I came up with was him and a silver 68 Mustang. I was all over it but left it slide as a misunderstanding of the wording on my part. I doubt that car would be all tubed and not be killer fast.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
The new rules really dont make much sense. Eliminating ladder bars/4 link cars isnt going to slow the field down. There are TONS of real fast (streetable) stock style suspension cars anyway.

x2 they just shot themself in the toe

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is in the very beginning of the article. SLIM I read the EXACT same thing and was going to post over on their site or ask the author Derek Putnam about that. I am guessing that he is just using those words to make a comparison of sorts to his car and what it SEEMS it could be because of the performance but NO they do not allow full tube chassis cars in the class and everyone knows that so it would seem unlikely. This was called the Foldenhauer (spelling) rule from a guy who in the early days was dominating with his tube chassis Monza and he was sent packing.
Thanks for the info. My car is not that fast for a Full chassis car. Mid 8's in the 1/4. But it has an overdrive, detroit locker and will run on pump gas just fine (As long as I keep the right tune up in it). I really wanted to run this event when it was in St Louis but know the car wasn't legal for the class so I didn't even try. Thanks again, for your take on this....

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
I just emailed Derek the author for his take on his wording of the article to see what he says. I would have to say that there is no way that they would have allowed that car to run if it was a tube car so that's kind of why I didn't ask but I am glad I am not the only one who read it 2 or 3 times trying to figure out if I was reading it right.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,065 Posts
Tobe honest i knew the guy with the MONZA chassis street car......the only reason he dominated the class was because people were not showing up to the events! If you only have 7 cars in true street....and one can go low 8-sec passes all day....yeah it might dominate!

·
It weighs how much????
1,629 Posts
This was a screw-up on my part. Mark Panther and I discussed a bunch of stuff when I interviewed him for the coverage, especially about the fact his car might be considered a tad radical by some who think back-half and tube chassis cars can't be streetable. I mistakingly put it in the write-up I did as a tube chassis car, so I apologize for any misunderstanding.

Thanks for the message Mr. Shank ;) Just got a chance to get on here after getting the kid to bed and dealing with a sick wife...

Derek

1 - 15 of 15 Posts