Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.competitionplus.com/2005_09/dukes_drive_inn.html

This is a place where we used to hang out when we were younger.... Kinda remind you of Ture Street? Mind you Dukes vs the roads they talk about are about 20 miles apart.....

Back in the late 80's - Early 90's I may of had this car there once or twice.... :twisted:

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Damn, what an awsome article!! For those who don't know, story writer Mike Albert's Camaro (the yellow one that's featured there) used to belong to Scott Folkerson of Midwest Engine Tech.
Mike is as cool as they come. He once sold me a like brand new set of Camaro rear leafs for 10 bucks just to help a brother out. Damn we're talkin' like '79 or '80.
Lot's of great memories of that place as well as the "Golden Bear" resturant and the Tinley Park train station.
BTW Dukes has some of the best damn beefs in Chicago

Now I'm homesick AND hungry :oops: :-D

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Rod Lenz said:
purple66bu said:
Poor Shon!!! I just stopped there the other day ,Combo and fries...yummy!!
Go ahead........rub our noses in it :evil: :-D
\\Thanks Rod, I now feel better knowing that I wasn't the only one. Thanks Dennis you know I like to eat and you want to bring up food. :-D

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
SHON WEBB said:
Rod Lenz said:
purple66bu said:
\\Thanks Rod, I now feel better knowing that I wasn't the only one. Thanks Dennis you know I like to eat and you want to bring up food. :-D
the thing is, I've been knowing for 26 years how good thier food is....
It's real bad for me 'cause I'm 700 miles away :(
At least for you it's just a short jog over to Harlem Ave then a few miles north...........2hr. drive, tops :wink: :-D

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Rod Lenz said:
SHON WEBB said:
Rod Lenz said:
purple66bu said:
the thing is, I've been knowing for 26 years how good thier food is....
It's real bad for me 'cause I'm 700 miles away :(
At least for you it's just a short jog over to Harlem Ave then a few miles north...........2hr. drive, tops :wink: :-D
Hey Rod check this out I will go by there this weekend pick up 2 sandwiches eat 1 rest a lil bit and than eat the second just like I thought you would have eaten it. :-D

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
purple66bu said:
Rod i've bought there beef by the pound for parties....should have some shipped to ya
Appreciate the thought Dennis, What I need to do is load up and make the trip up there. I havn't been home since '01 :shock:
Last time Sha' and were up there was my 20 year H.S. reunion in Hick' Hills.......we stopped by Dukes after it was over for a "beef". While the sandwich was as good as I remembered I was shocked that there were no cars......they said the nursing home across the steet pitched a bitch and didn't allow hot rods there anymore. I'm glad to see that's changed again :-D

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
[
I was shocked that there were no cars......they said the nursing home across the steet pitched a bitch and didn't allow hot rods there anymore.

Tell em to turn their hearing aids off and shut up!! :-D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts