Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently Ron Gorsz had some kind of a Mishap No Racing now for Clean up....NO ONE HURT

*Anyone with Details Please Post

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
look like the welds broke on the brackets hold the rearend to the bars. the complete rearend came out of the car.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The car got loose and he hit the wall... causing the welds to break and left the rearend laying on the track.... Driver is okay from what I understand. He got right out of the car.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I am going to assume that the tires spuns or he got out of the grove... I was in front of him waiting to tape my mom when it happened so I am not excatly sure... all I know was I was making sure I had my camera lined up and saw hin coming right at me.... then he clipped the wall with his back end and the car went way and the rearend went the other.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
wow glad he is ok.......kenny called me earlier & said phil hines put it on the WING.......now that is a fuckin wheelstand LOL!!!!! hes ok, oil pan & new headers are shot though. Susie did you happen to see it?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
the wing is the only thing that hit the wall and the rearend was trying to come out of the car at 100 ft of the line. after a 100 ft he was along for the ride because the rearend was already moving around in the fenderwell.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Ok, here are the fact since I was standing in the water box when it happened and saw everything, LOL.
He launched the car and it appeared the suspention broke immediately, about 100 ft out, it came apart. The car didn't hit the wall, I beleive the
wing did slight catch it. Either the drive shaft or the suspention bars dug into the pavement and launch the car upward. It spun around and he was ok thank god. The entire rear end came out and was left in the middel of the lane. I believe it was a ladder bar car, but I didn't walk down and look myself. Scott walked down and said the welds broke on the housing to the brackets. I'm glad no one was injurred.

On another note, one of Steve Millers crew was crushed by the pro jack under the S-10. I heard he broke his arm and collar bone. Has anyone heard how he's doing??

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sorry Dogg.... I was right there where he hit the wall waiting for mom and tony since I was taping them that round. Something hit the wall.... be it a wing or whatever....

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
the tires and rearend hit the wall but the big scuff mark on the wall was from a buick at the gs nationals not the mustang.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
One of the PRO guys did have it on video, we watched it in slow motion, LOL. The main body of the car missed the wall. It appeared on the tape that the wing may have hit, never the less, there is alot of damage, it's a shame :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts