Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Pontiac aficionado
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come they run 7.70's in NMCA and only 8 teens in NHRA ????

·
Smart Ass Conservative
112,602 Posts
Yep

·
Son of Mr. David-get it ?
15,669 Posts
8's....that's so 2018.

If you're not running 7.70's in 2019 then you are 1st round fodder....

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
8's....that's so 2018.

If you're not running 7.70's in 2019 then you are 1st round fodder....
You know that's not true. If it continues to be lopsided, the NHRA will make a rule change to level the playing field, just like in Pro Mod.

·
Shrewd Negotiator
10,047 Posts
Drew Skillman ran 7.736 to win the FSS final this weekend. :smt102

·
Shrewd Negotiator
10,047 Posts
And Stephen Bell is from right here in Shreveport. Was he running with Greg Stanfield at some point? It'd make sense, them both being from here and all. Haven't seen Greg's brother, Mike, in quite a while. He's really good friends with my folks. Met Mike years ago before I ever knew who Greg was. Back around 1993 or so.

·
Shrewd Negotiator
10,047 Posts
So what was the difference in the 2 classes that caused a difference of .25 seconds in ET? Anyone know? I figured they'd be fairly close as far as rules packages are concerned, so competitors could run both series with little work. Then again, NHRA may not give a damn whether the car is able to race anywhere else in NHRA form.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
It's the exact same rules package. Any difference in et would be weather or track related or the caliber of cars showing up. Both NMCA and NHRA had cars in the 7.70's and 7.80's. The bump in NHRA was 7.920, the number 16 car in NMCA was 8.046, not a bump because it's an all run field. Where do guys get the .25 difference in the 2 classes??

·
Registered
4,425 Posts

Here is final qualifying from both races, it doesn't reflect elimination rounds or weather conditions but et's are all here

·
Shrewd Negotiator
10,047 Posts
It's the exact same rules package. Any difference in et would be weather or track related or the caliber of cars showing up. Both NMCA and NHRA had cars in the 7.70's and 7.80's. The bump in NHRA was 7.920, the number 16 car in NMCA was 8.046, not a bump because it's an all run field. Where do guys get the .25 difference in the 2 classes??
I was only repeating what I read, which I assumed was referring to last season, when the NHRA cars obviously weren't running 7.70s. Only an idiot would quote a 7.736 then say they were still 1/4 second slower than @ NMCA races lol. I can be an idiot sometimes but not that big of one usually :lol:

What were they running at the last contested NMCA event in 2018? The last NHRA event? I've tried to look but finding results proves to be a bit difficult right now. Too much going on to look for it for any length of time.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Last year 8 teens to 8.0s and a couple mopars dipped in the 7's but NMCA and NHRA rules have always been the same. OP was comparing apples to apples and trying to say they were different. Not true

·
Registered
629 Posts
As long as the NHRA doesn’t phuck this class up, it’ll continue to grow and become even more popular than it is. It was cool to see how many stayed in the stands when this class came up to run.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts