Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a serious question.

Why doesnt anyone attend from the local area?

I know the LF88 turbo is not legal so thats a reason for those guys.

But what about the guys that are legal?

It would be so much easier if Promedia simply adopted the X275 rules and simply said "Come play but run 1/4 mile instead of 1/8th"

Would you attend?

I would.

·
Godspeed TK!
8,989 Posts
My car fits the rules....but no thanx.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I was planning on attending but unfortunatley we are running out of time on the engine rebuild :(

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
I'd love to but 1/4 mile in the middle of the year does me in...
thats exactly right.

At the end of the year they have the world cup and they get huge turn outs for x275 in 1/4. Because guys have nothing for 4-6 months after that race.

After the nmca race some guys dont even have 4-6 days to get back out to a points chase

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
600 lb weight difference for our combo between class rules. We can run at 3,000lbs under U.S. rules and 2,375lbs under NMCA rules.:rolleyes:

·
Godspeed TK!
8,989 Posts
I'd love to but 1/4 mile in the middle of the year does me in...

That & spending the whole damn weekend there-nope!

I'll be there next Friday for X275 though:)

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
We tried to run x275 @ Nmca in ga last weekend and no cars showed

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
We tried to run x275 @ Nmca in ga last weekend and no cars showed
It was a tough deal down there, I know there's not a local track in the area that runs the class plus there were 3 other X275 races going on the weekend (Cecil, VMP, and Lakeland).

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Yea, no hard feelings about it we ended up having a great time in drag radial even tho we did break the rear end :(

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
How many entries are expected for this class at MIR? There was a pretty big disconnect at the CHP on expected car count, I was talking to Steve W. and was the guy that helped Jeff R get some extra money. John

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
How many entries are expected for this class at MIR? There was a pretty big disconnect at the CHP on expected car count, I was talking to Steve W. and was the guy that helped Jeff R get some extra money. John
I wish we could have talked them into holding it where an established program was already in the area, I think that would have helped a bit.

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Well FWIW sounds like the right folks were not talking to each other, I think based on the

It was a tough deal down there, I know there's not a local track in the area that runs the class plus there were 3 other X275 races going on the weekend (Cecil, VMP, and Lakeland)
They would not have bothered. Now that makes sense that only one car showed up. Still Steve did what he could to work with Jeff R who did show up.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Thanks for working with Jeff Rhodes and helping us to get some money back. We came to race and we were defiantly expecting a bigger car count not I only in x275 but all the classes. The situation was not handled well at first but the guys from Nmca stepped up and made it right, thanks for that

·
Registered
401 Posts
I wood love to run but the rules said I can run the heads I got. Max intake size on the bfm is 350cc .

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
I wood love to run but the rules said I can run the heads I got. Max intake size on the bfm is 350cc .
You should be able to race, you just can't take the 100lbs off because what you have is not on the list.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I originally thought Promedia was going to adopt all of the X275 rules and just leave it at 1/4mile. I understand not wanting to switch up anything about your combo in mid season for one race.

I guess my point to Promedia is that if they would adopt ALL of the rules, not just the ones that they like, cars will show up.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts