Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Yes, was one of the reasons I was forced to fall in love with NA racing. In the late 70s my dad worked for a shop Mansur Machine that did the engine for an A super modified car "Dancing Bear". Won the summer nationals at etown either 78 or 79. Those guys started it all back then.
This is shot of one of my buddies who got me hooked on N/A racing. The old Super Modified class...

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
700" motors are legal. Base weight of 3436 then add or subtract for body intake oiling system heads etc
The 3rd sentence in the rules say "Big block engines have a maximum engine size of 650 inches."

Further in the rules (under the weight chart) it says "Big Block entries over 640 cubic inches will be assessed a 4lb per cubic inch weight penalty to
the 640 cubic inch base weight."

Given the second could be followed, still cant race.....
3436 (base weight at 700'') we are actually 694
173.50 (category 3 bbc heads) 25%
34.70 (dry sump) 5%
34.70 (5.0 bore space) 5%
69.40 (sheet metal intake) 10%
-------------------------------------
3748.30 lbs (LOL)

First off, the maximum SFI cert for a full bodied car running in this ET range is 3600lbs. SFI 25.6 does allow up to 5000lbs, but on good to 7.99.

So.....at the "ruled" weight, the car is not legal.

Second, how the fuck someone going to run 3750lbs in this class. Thats ~1000lbs over many of the cars in the class and ~500lbs more than any other car.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
First trip out with new combo... Let us make a couple hits and then we will talk about money.

Give us something to talk about Friday night!!
What happened to busting that ass? I won't be making a few passes? Chris ok 500 off the trailer? How deep do you want to go? Johnny needs cash for a new purchase.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
The 3rd sentence in the rules say "Big block engines have a maximum engine size of 650 inches."

Further in the rules (under the weight chart) it says "Big Block entries over 640 cubic inches will be assessed a 4lb per cubic inch weight penalty to
the 640 cubic inch base weight."

Given the second could be followed, still cant race.....
3436 (base weight at 700'') we are actually 694
173.50 (category 3 bbc heads) 25%
34.70 (dry sump) 5%
34.70 (5.0 bore space) 5%
69.40 (sheet metal intake) 10%
-------------------------------------
3748.30 lbs (LOL)

First off, the maximum SFI cert for a full bodied car running in this ET range is 3600lbs. SFI 25.6 does allow up to 5000lbs, but on good to 7.99.

So.....at the "ruled" weight, the car is not legal.

Second, how the fuck someone going to run 3750lbs in this class. Thats ~1000lbs over many of the cars in the class and ~500lbs more than any other car.
Change thencar for the class. Not the class for the car. Baskin ran a 620" motor at the first race and took every weight hit

·
35,217 Posts
What happened to busting that ass? I won't be making a few passes? Chris ok 500 off the trailer? How deep do you want to go? Johnny needs cash for a new purchase.
Steve over ruled me so.... I'm down for 500. I'm sure Steve would get in the action?

Although, no testing new engine..... Dave/Steve should get the leave??

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
Change thencar for the class. Not the class for the car. Baskin ran a 620" motor at the first race and took every weight hit
I somewhat agree with change the car, not the rules comment. However the rules are severely lopsided. The math makes it clear. Why bother putting 4lbs per inch on paper, save ink and just say "no".

Dave Theisen's weights vs. Milan is like 100-150lbs. Your variation is probably about the same. Van's is 548lbs difference running the same cars.

The rules are broken......they need fixing.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I somewhat agree with change the car, not the rules comment. However the rules are severely lopsided. The math makes it clear. Why bother putting 4lbs per inch on paper, save ink and just say "no".

Dave Theisen's weights vs. Milan is like 100-150lbs. Your variation is probably about the same. Van's is 548lbs difference running the same cars.

The rules are broken......they need fixing.
Milans rules or NMCA rules?

I would say NMCA rules are way more even then Milans

·
Registered
42 Posts
i'am not scared if you make a test pass or two "if allowed" before q1. I do understand if you're scared if I do. 😉😄

·
Registered
571 Posts
First trip out with new combo... Let us make a couple hits and then we will talk about money.

Give us something to talk about Friday night!!
I'd much rather hear you two talk about this Friday night instead of comparing your "Coaches"!!!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
i'am not scared if you make a test pass or two "if allowed" before q1. I do understand if you're scared if I do. 😉😄
Q1 when you light up that second bulb and reach for the trans break and your hand is starting to tremble, that's when you will realize your in trouble...

41 - 60 of 93 Posts