Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

New Law:
If a patrol car is pulled over to the side of the road, you have to change to the next lane (away from the stopped vehicle) or slow down by 20 mph. Every state except Hawaii and Maryland and the D.C. has this law.
In California , the "Move-over" law became operative on January 1, 2010.

. www.moveoveramerica.com

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
New Law:
If a patrol car is pulled over to the side of the road, you have to change to the next lane (away from the stopped vehicle) or slow down by 20 mph. Every state except Hawaii and Maryland and the D.C. has this law.
In California , the "Move-over" law became operative on January 1, 2010.

. www.moveoveramerica.com
All for the new law if it protects the officer. I fear slowing down to 20 on an interstate will cause collateral damage but what does the lawmaker's care,we're just nasty humans and stupid taxpayers to them,,,TLW

·
Banned
14,510 Posts
Makes sense to me.

Shoot the pig, accelerate away without any undue carnage. No surcharge, no problem.

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
No law here in NY
I think there might be somewhatstock, least that's what my officer friend said the other day... should check it out for sure huh?,,,TLW.

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
It is just a respect for them...I understand many are dicks(except the ones on the bullet of course), but they are doing a job, they were hired to do, and there's no reason not to make them safer. I've been on the side of the road changing a tire and had people fly by, and it makes you feel more uncomfortable when they never change lanes...

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
I used to operate a rollback. Getting a call for an accident pick up on the interstate was no big deal as it was a controlled pick up. Getting a call for a breakdown on the interstate sent chills up my spine. Being out there and trying to load a vehicle with cars and trucks speeding by at 80, 85, and 90+ mph and literally only a few feet away would make a man sweat in 30 degree weather. Being out there with the required flashing lights and all, one could only hope that no one became fixated on them or mesmerized by them and the next pick up call would be the meat wagon for you.

The law is there to protect life. Respect it.

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
shouldnt have to be a law, its common sense to move over....
Agreed 100%............and now we have to face reality, we have to face why "stupid laws" are implemented in the first place. These laws aren't to protect the stupid, they are because of them.

Pending laws requiring bans on mobile phone usage while operating a vehicle shouldn't have to be in place. But because of stupid people, they are necessary. See how it works?

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
New York Pending Bill S02051A. Enacts the "Ambrose-Searles Move Over Act" which requires every operator of a motor vehicle to exercise due care to avoid colliding with an authorized emergency vehicle which is parked, stopped or standing on the shoulder or any portion of a highway.

I always pull into the passing lane while driving the big-rig when anyone is on the shoulder, just not too keen in a car with my family in it. What will be will be I reckoned,,,TLW.

·
On the roller...
15,867 Posts
I move over for everything, but especially law enforcement. You get paranoid with something like the Super Duty pickup with mirrors hanging off the side so far at a level where they can hit someone. Sure, they fold back, and they're made from plastic, but at 65-80mph on the highway it's still going to do something on the way past...

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Do you have to move over when they are running radar. Seems stupid to me. You can't legislate common sense!!!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
In general, people cannot drive!!! If you're on a 2 lane interstate/highway...travelling in the right lane and a car approaches from an onramp, most people speed up or slam on the brakes or just hold the guy out. ALL are dangerous. I always (when possible obviously) just move over to the left lane until safely passed the merging driver then get back in my original lane. I anticipate them needing the space, so I give it to them. Also, I like when morons try to hold out 18 wheelers!!!.....lmfao...thats a SERIOUS dose of stupidity!!! "I'll speed up and block this guy (in my Prius) because I don't wanna get behind him...they drive slow" I commute almost 100 miles every day and I see sooooo many assholes trying to kill other motorists! I have always moved over for police, I dont need a damn law to do it!!! As far as the cocksucker who said "shoot the pig"??? Are you some deranged retard??? I'd venture to say that 85% of officers are GOOD people trying to do a HARD JOB. And I'm no angel...spent 10's of thousands on courts and tickets and spent a few nights in jail....I blame the dumb bastard in the mirror-NOT the cops!

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,112 Posts
we have had this law for almost a year here in fl. it is needed there are a lot of none drive mofo's out there. the only time it become a issue is when traffic get real heavy.
SAME HERE IN GA!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts