Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What gears are you using with you 12 bolt? Im running 29s with 4.33 pro gears and im trying to tame my launch and the only gear ratio left are 4.11s but I dont think id really have any noticeable benefits from changing from 4.33 to 4.11 but im still new to nitrous.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Powerglide or TH400? Wheel speed is critical in a nitrous car, the lower gear 4.11 may increase wheel speed to the point where it's even harder to control. Any timing or progressive controls?

·
Registered
195 Posts
What gears are you using with you 12 bolt? Im running 29s with 4.33 pro gears and im trying to tame my launch and the only gear ratio left are 4.11s but I dont think id really have any noticeable benefits from changing from 4.33 to 4.11 but im still new to nitrous.
I've have a 3.73 with a 29.5x10.5 in mine. It isn't a pro series gear but I haven't had any problems with them.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
What kind of 60'times are you guy's pulling and keeping the gears together?

We tweeked a 4.33 Pinion in a BBC all motor car. Low 1.30 60' not sure how many passes on gear set though. Pro gear is holding up great.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Friend of mine runs a 3.73 with a 1.80 glide on 275's......60 foots in the mid 1.2xx's for sure, maybe quicker. He just got the car back up and running. It does however, seem to eat a lot of gearsets.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
3 or 4 series carrier?

Think it's a 3, but don't know for sure. He will probably show up and state when he finds the thread. Don't remember it using a spacer if that helps.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got a glide with 1.80 planet. Im running a progressive but I cant get it all in as far as I would like. Launching at 50% to 100% in 1.5sec is the fastest that I can get it all in without breaking loose during the end of the ramp lauching at 3600rpm. I tried launching at 4k with a 30% to 100% ramp in 1.5 and lost .06 in the 60ft. Im trying to get everything in in 1.2 or less. single stage 250 shot.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
I got a glide with 1.80 planet. Im running a progressive but I cant get it all in as far as I would like. Launching at 50% to 100% in 1.5sec is the fastest that I can get it all in without breaking loose during the end of the ramp lauching at 3600rpm. I tried launching at 4k with a 30% to 100% ramp in 1.5 and lost .06 in the 60ft. Im trying to get everything in in 1.2 or less. single stage 250 shot.

Single ramp? If so, that is a big problem. You need a controller that you can tailor the ramp to your needs. Bet you can get it to 100% in less than 1 second or very close to it if you do that. And, I think the taller gear would not hurt, in fact it may help.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Stick a 1.69 gear set in the trans, I bet it picks up and is easier to control. What sort of rear shocks are on the car?

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
qa1 single adjustables

That can also be a big problem, once you start making big power early you will need to be able to control both sides of the shock independently. Especially gonna be a big issue if they are the "fixed compression" singles. I know they make those for the front, don't know about the rears.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I gave up on 12 bolts because of gear selection. 1.19 to1.22 60ft @3400lbs with a pro4.11 changing out once a year say 100 passes or so, street gear would be ready to fail after 10 passes sometimes less. Maybe if your soft at the hit you could get more runs but i wouldn't try it. drive line failure can damage more then just the rear gear

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
That can also be a big problem, once you start making big power early you will need to be able to control both sides of the shock independently. Especially gonna be a big issue if they are the "fixed compression" singles. I know they make those for the front, don't know about the rears.
I agree. It may just need some better shocks on the back, got an video?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Looks pretty good on the second hit (4K 50%) the front end could be slowed down somewhat.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i have'd been 1.20 60ft on 4.11 pro gear on 3050# sbc chevelle on 10.5w on 1 300hp hit.....street gear wont survive past 15 passes on big power pro gears show cracks after 80 passes or so..
using th-400 2.10 first and 1.40 second
should hit the 1.teens this year will c how it goes...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.