Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been fighting this for months. Car is about 3 tenth off and 18 mph down. It's a topsportsman car with a 665. I'm spraying a 32 on the first stage and a 36 on the second. I've replaced cell ,pump, and coil. Il will lose rpm in high gear and flat line in first. My question is how many pounds per eight mile pass should it use. I weighed the bottle last pass and it had used one pound. That included purging and emptying the lines. It went 4.56 at 150 on that pass. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
I know there are a lot of contributing factors, but doesn't sound like anywhere near enough is being used. On my old 427 with a single kit and an .040 pill I would use three lbs per run. And I didn't purge hardly any out.

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
on that jetting mine will use 4 to 5lbs in the 1/8.i would be checking all filters and plungers.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Check the screens in the fittings at the nitrous solenoids if you have them. They might have some crap in them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Put new silnoids on the nitrous side. I tried it again this weekend. Didn't weigh the bottle but the problem is still there. It loses rpm in high gear and lays over. Anyone give scrap metal price?

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
i have seen a inline ballvalve mess up and be a major resriction....the using 1lb on pass makes me think its a bad restriction..look for a crushed/collapsed nitrous line as well.

·
Registered
15,359 Posts
An easy way to test is to remove the lines after noids then with the noids firmly held in place, engine off and fuel side disconnected and car outside, activate the system for however many seconds you car takes to make a pass. If the number is low remove the noids from the lines firmly support the lines and retest, continue until you find the restriction.

With the information on lines and noids Steve,Monte,Mike or any of the other guys who flow systems can probably give you the approx number of pounds per second you should see through the noids. I would guess you should be flowing around a pound or more through the lines per second on a fogger....but that's only a guess.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have had the bottle nut gasket cause this. Take the nut off the bottle and check gasket, also open bottle with nut off to check valve and see if good nitrous is flowing out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hun hook line from plate and activate nitrous for 8 seconds to look and see if pressure is falling off or are you getting air and not nitrous.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Where is your nitrous gauge? I have seen more than once, the snubber orifice comes loose, out of the gauge, go down the line and lodges somewhere and causes a restriction. just something to check. It will act like, leaves the line good then falls off. that's because it fills the line and the pressure is up but as soon as you leave the line can't fill fast enough to maintain pressure and flo. Check the main line from the tank or the fitting (filter) into the nitrous solenoid(s). Mike Thermos at Nitrous Supply

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
^^^ This happened to a local n20 racer. No n20, no power, no n20 used...or not as much as it should. Finally found the problem on the dyno testing all systems.

Also, as Will said, we once had a n20 line pinched, restricting the n20 flow.

Good luck.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's has a two bottle setup with both lines going into a y right before the silnoids. It has 2 gauges with shut off valves I've ran different bottles and tried each line separate. I only running one bottle now. It hasnt made any difference running one or two. Thanks guys. I'll check the lines tomorrow. Please keep the ideas coming

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
I had a teflon line cause my issues, when it was made and pushed together it sheared off a little sliver of teflon that acted like a valve, would flow ok then slowly quit

1 - 20 of 20 Posts