Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nos big shot plate. it been giving me problems surging when i spray it. ive swapped solenoids and bottles to see if that helped but nothing. im using a WOT switch along with a msd rpm activated window switch. where should i start looking??

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
WOT switches are notorious for this. I even had a brand new one do it.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Had this problem with a fogger on a 12v system. changed everything but the chassis with no luck. Went to a 16V battery and it fixed it and even picked up a little.

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
surging or coming on and off?

to fat can feel like surging..whats the tuneup?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my plug gap is .32 the window switch is cutting it on and off. I will take a look at the WOT switch tab to see if its getting bent. is there a way to check the WOT switch?? and i pulled my plugs the other day they were all brown i had 72 nitrous jet. 67 fuel jet. wit 9.5 psi fuel pressure 28 deg. of timing. ive changed the plugs and put a .65 fuel jet in it with 6.5 psi of fuel pressure with same timing. havent sprayed it yet.

·
"Made" Member
2,860 Posts
My car surges with a .035" gap. close it up to .025"

my plug gap is .32 the window switch is cutting it on and off. I will take a look at the WOT switch tab to see if its getting bent. is there a way to check the WOT switch?? and i pulled my plugs the other day they were all brown i had 72 nitrous jet. 67 fuel jet. wit 9.5 psi fuel pressure 28 deg. of timing. ive changed the plugs and put a .65 fuel jet in it with 6.5 psi of fuel pressure with same timing. havent sprayed it yet.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
It's probably a P+U =Phucked Up problem with how you got something wired up or rigged up playa....LOL...just bustin your ballz Nichols...

Bill-E in Da house!

·
2013 KING OF THE STREET
1,706 Posts
m/s switch
wired wrong
tune
coil
bad reg
bad pump or gas supply. mine would flow 5gl in 10sec and was still bad..had 5 to 7psi on the main line.
should be 28psi

·
Super Moderator
12,175 Posts

Not sure what you have for a system, but those numbers sound rich ?? Also the timing can cause issues as well ?? Thanks, SJ

·
Registered
677 Posts
Your tune up is prolly your problem. unless you meant 4.5 lbs of pressure. 9.5lbs is way phucking rich and that will make it surge. A wot switch will not make a surge the way I would describe it.

A surge feels to me like this. Leave the line and it is on and you know it is on because you can feel that it is making more power than just a motor pass and then tapers off, but is still more than motor, then comes back to what you felt at the line.

A WOT switch feels more like this. Leave the line and its on then lays way down (noses over) then like some one rearended you its back on, or never comes back on at all.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
I agree that it's way too fat. My Big Shot tune up for a 73 N jet was a 58F and ended up with 5.5 psi flowing. Don't start with a 15 jet spread, just work your way there.
Timing sounds supect at 28 total as well. What is your initial timing and combo?

·
Super Moderator
12,175 Posts
What jets? what fuel pressure? I would guess it's too rich. mthermos
Mike, If you would have read the thread before posting, you would have seen all that info in post #10 ?? :rolleyes:

Really what's needed here is more info on the engine combo and so on.. SJ

1 - 20 of 26 Posts