Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a stock ly6 that's carb'd and I want to run a 150 shot, what plugs do you recommend and how much timing to pull? I'm at 33 degrees total n/a and I use 94octane pump gas. I have the wideband showing 12.5-12.8 at WOT and around 13.6 at idle so it shouldn't foul a cold plug, any input is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
29 Posts
33 deg at wot seems high for a 6.0 ly6. figured more around the 28 deg at wot n/a. for a 150 id pull 5 deg of timing. which plug are you going to be running for spray?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And it seems to like 33 degrees, all stock pushed my 3550lb Malibu to a 12.20 at 110, no sign of pinging or detonation

·
Registered
29 Posts
br7ef plug. two stages cooler then a stock plug. work great on nitrous cars. Are you running the 6LS-2 msd for the carb setup for timing?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would set the timing around 27 degrees at wot for a 150 then. I assume it is a wet shot?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I have used BR7EF plugs up to a 81n jet and they looked perfect with no signs of excess heat. I also generally follow the 2 degrees per 50 HP rule for pulling timing, but I have seen evidence on the plugs and in the performance that the car wanted less timing pulled than I am pulling, but I continue to error on the side of safety.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have used BR7EF plugs up to a 81n jet and they looked perfect with no signs of excess heat. I also generally follow the 2 degrees per 50 HP rule for pulling timing, but I have seen evidence on the plugs and in the performance that the car wanted less timing pulled than I am pulling, but I continue to error on the side of safety.
Rather have a little less power and be safe, then have to much timing and risk hurting the motor. lol.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Run BR7EF up to 200 then go colder after that. I would put the car on 20* and add timing after that until car slows down.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys here's a bit of an update, I appreciate all your advice. I put in the nos 125 shot jets but reversed them, I ran the 53f/61n, my fuel pressure was at 7 psi and I didn't have a dedicated regulator for the nitrous. The car in front of me broke his tranny and had an oil down for the first 30 feet, after they cleaned it up it was a bit slick. I bottle launched it and the car spun bad with a 2.01 60" and went 11.85 at 117. I pulled 7 degrees of timing. It usually 60"s a 1.73 N/A and runs 12.20's, I only made 1 nitrous pass. In the future I'm going to run a dedicated fuel solenoid for the nitrous and use a digi set or leash nitrous timer to turn it on just after the launch. Thanks again guys you've been a huge help over and over again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts