Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Grainger makes one anyone have the part number?? RIZZO???

I want to change out the one i have it has the plastic ball inside...need to pick it up tomorrow[/quote

I use the brass valve with the stainless ball, pipe thread on both ends to put any size fitting you want, has a teflon insert around the ball, we use them on all fuels and nitrous, been using them for over ten years and never had a failure with one yet......I get them from Valley Hydraulics here locally so any hydraulic repair place should have them........:cool:

·
The Godfather
4,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I want to change out the one i have it has the plastic ball inside...need to pick it up tomorrow[/quote

I use the brass valve with the stainless ball, pipe thread on both ends to put any size fitting you want, has a teflon insert around the ball, we use them on all fuels and nitrous, been using them for over ten years and never had a failure with one yet......I get them from Valley Hydraulics here locally so any hydraulic repair place should have them........:cool:
the one i have is a brass valve also..not sure if its plastic or teflon...everyone is telling me that the nitrous crystalizes the ball and it will shatter and get into the sytem or leak or hang stuff open...figure its cheap insurance to change it.

·
Registered
696 Posts
the one i have is a brass valve also..not sure if its plastic or teflon...everyone is telling me that the nitrous crystalizes the ball and it will shatter and get into the sytem or leak or hang stuff open...figure its cheap insurance to change it.

Nitrous can't hurt stainless, see if the ball is magnetic, stainless is non-magnetic, besides, the temp of the nitrous coming out of the bottle is the same as the temp of the bottle, I put a temp sensor inline on my bottle and if the bottle is 100 deg so is the liquid coming out of it, can't crystalize anything at that temp......nitrous doesn't freeze till it boils and changes from liquid to gas when it hits the air.....most high dollar jets are made of stainless...:cool:

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Dennis - I have a few let. Call me tonight and I'll get you the number.

Dennis

·
Registered
15,547 Posts

The ones I use are made by Parker Hannifan. You can get them at any Hydraulics store [or order them]. Last time I got one, it was still less than $30.00.. Very Dependable..
Maddawg

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts
Or get the one Steve Johnson at Induction Solutions sells. Real nice piece and he'll put whatever fittings yo need on it. I just got one with the 4" gauge on it.

Probably doesn't help the original poster though if he needs it today.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I sell them here at work.. Parker makes them in brass with a stainless ball in them. Very nice piece.. Part # is V500-* (insert whatever size fitting you need there 4,6,8,10,12)..

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
THE BEST ONE IS THE MCMASTER ONE......

·
Registered
3,772 Posts

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
HEY TOM.... THE MCMASTER # IS 49355K32 :cool::cool:

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
yeah we got a little crazy:rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.