Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a question about plumbing the regulator for my nitrous...I have a Product Engineering 460 fuel pump with a 4-port regulator, feeding my ~650hp SBC with a single 4150...So 2 of the 4 ports on the regulator are used and the other 2 are just capped off. Instead of interrupting my -10AN feed, I was wondering if I can take one of the two unused -6AN outlets out of my regulator, and plumb that to another regulator (just a basic 803 Holley) for nitrous? I usually would never consider doing it this way, but I took one of those caps off, turned on the pump and it shot like a firehose across my garage even after being regulated to 7.5psi:rolleyes:...I know it has the volume of fuel, I'm just wondering if 7.5psi is enough to hold pressure against another regulator that will be regulated down to about 5psi to go into the fuel solenoid...The biggest fuel jet it will have is a ~.065 in an Edelbrock plate, not looking to spray too much.

Does that make any sense? And if so is this a good idea, or a good way to make 8 aluminum ash trays:p

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I wouldnt.....Your best bet is too ALWAYS run the seperate reg off the main feed line. PE has the Y blocks that the regs mount right to that makes it easy. We are a dealer if your interested.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts