Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running a 1971 stock block 351W stroked to 408 cid. with Blue Thunder 360 heads 14.5:1 Compression and Blue Thunder 4500 Intake with a 1050 Ultra Dominator. Fuel will be C16. Timing locked out at 38 degrees. Cam is as follows:
Lift: intake 759 Exhaust 762 [email protected]: intake 275 Exhaust 287 Lobe Sep: 112

5500 stall convertor

I thought I might play it safe and spray a 150 shot. That should put me around the 800HP mark for a stock Windsor block. What jets would that be? Also, If this was your combo what would you max the spray at being a stock block with high compression and what jet sizes. When increasing the compression, I made my front crossmember removable to monitor bearings without removal of the engine. I appreciate your time if you could share some insight.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
What system plate or fogger?

A stock block windsor can take a lot IF it's prepped correctly(main studs, filled, OZERO BALANCE), but the most important time to having good luck with the stock block or any block is to keep deadanation away. Deadanation can kill any block/engine out there. Now with that said we worked on one that was a 4.125" stroke with a 4.060" bore custom pistons that turned it 8,200 rpm spraying 500 hp worth of spray and lived for over 3 years. It was in a 3,000 lb. car with ladder bars and 10 inch tires. So it can be done, just watch what you are doing and take small steps as you go. Good luck.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I will be using a plate system. I agree with the head effiency, the 38 degrees was when I was running the old cast iron cleveland heads. The yates design will be far superior! Not actually sure what timing I'll be running with the new set-up to be honest. Locked out meaning no vacuum advance etc. Hope I still don't have any blanks for you guys, but Thanks for any help you can give..

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eagle Forged crank, Eagle H-Beam rods, Wiseco pistons. I've had the engine quite awhile, I just wish I would have built a Dart. Gotta work with what I got. Will be building a Dart 438W with F2 or 3 Procharger soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts