Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK heres the deal i have a dart Buick engine with two stages of nos . I'm working on the first stage with out the bottle my car runs 10.70 @132 with a 100 shot of nitrous it runs 9.50 @ 143 this is with 30 spark advance and I'm retarding the timing for the 100 shot 10 degree ...

so then i put in the 200 hp pills in the same system and still leave the retard a 10 and it runs a 10.08 @ 136 so when i put more bottle to it it slows down anybody have had this kind of problem before i need help how about you Steve can u help me out with this thanks

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i flow the fuel system each time for the correct hp rating I'm using and I'm running a areomotive eliminator pump for the engine and the two kits the this pump claims 2300 hp Na so aeromotive said it will be good for my system

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well when we tried the fogger at 200 i had it taking out 15 degree retard and it went slower then when i had it at 10 degree so i do not think its the retard issue

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,046 Posts
All I can tell you is that I started at a whopping 100hp shot and slowly worked my way up to a 300hp shot and everytime I increased the jet size it responded correctly. I would not jump fro 100hp to 200hp unless you have a system that was flowed first.

Maybe you have a solenoid or filter issue.

·
eats paint chips
1,923 Posts
not gona stab at your problem with the info i have but mike brings up a great point,Alot of people do not weigh their bottles before and after passes . there is alot of info there and will help many times in the long run
Paul

·
Registered
209 Posts
Frank,Weighing the bottle before and after is a great idea.Let me know next time you go out. I have a very accurate digital refrigeration scale you can use.
Brandon

·
Super Moderator
12,123 Posts
OK heres the deal i have a dart Buick engine with two stages of nos . I'm working on the first stage with out the bottle my car runs 10.70 @132 with a 100 shot of nitrous it runs 9.50 @ 143 this is with 30 spark advance and I'm retarding the timing for the 100 shot 10 degree ...

so then i put in the 200 hp pills in the same system and still leave the retard a 10 and it runs a 10.08 @ 136 so when i put more bottle to it it slows down anybody have had this kind of problem before i need help how about you Steve can u help me out with this thanks

Here's another case of not enough info ??? Hen you guys say "I'm spraying 100" or 200 or 650 doesn't really tell us anything... :confused:

There are many different systems out there as well as many different tune ups available to guys.. You need to put real numbers on these post to get real info back..

Also you say "i flow the fuel system each time for the correct hp rating".. Does this mean your flowing with a different flow jet each time ???

Please give us somemore info and maybe we can better help you out.. SJ

1 - 14 of 14 Posts