Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a Edelbrock nitrous progressive controller installed, we want to be able to purge the nitrous thru the motor w/ a momentary purge switch. Can anyone help with wiring this.

How can we purge the system thru the motor w/o setting off the nitrous progressive controller time? If any can post a diagram would appreciate it!

Thanks YB!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
I don't know if this will work but I just finished wiring my car with the same controller. On my setup when the gas is activated it's hot all the time and the controller supplies the ground. I just ran a 30 amp relay supplying a ground to both solenoids bypassing the controller so the negative side of the solenoids could be bumped with a momentary switch. Still building the car so I'm not sure it will work yet.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I don't know if this will work but I just finished wiring my car with the same controller. On my setup when the gas is activated it's hot all the time and the controller supplies the ground. I just ran a 30 amp relay supplying a ground to both solenoids bypassing the controller so the negative side of the solenoids could be bumped with a momentary switch. Still building the car so I'm not sure it will work yet.
Do you remember how you wired the relay to supply the ground? (the 30,85,86,87/87a on the relay?) Thanks

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
I have a momentary switch on my panel. It comes out of my board with 12v so I had to convert it over to ground using a relay. I dont know the numbers on the relay but I hooked it up so when it was supplied 12v it closes and goes to ground instead of 12v. Hope thats not too confusing.

·
aka Nova Joe
2,888 Posts
I never had any luck banging the nitrous through a progressive, problem is once you bang it a few times and by the time you stage it hasn't reset, you will be leaving at 100%.

There may be a way to bypass it, but banging the nitrous then using a progressive is kind of defeating the purpose. If your purge is plumbed correctly then you don't need to bang it anyway.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I never had any luck banging the nitrous through a progressive, problem is once you bang it a few times and by the time you stage it hasn't reset, you will be leaving at 100%.

There may be a way to bypass it, but banging the nitrous then using a progressive is kind of defeating the purpose. If your purge is plumbed correctly then you don't need to bang it anyway.

This would not apply if you have the progressive set to ramp again if circuit is interrupted correct?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts