Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a better one than the ones that NOS and Speedtech use? Surely there is something better than that design, we've gone through 3 in the last 4-5 months and we don't pump that much N2O. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have had good luck with the NX/coldfusion pumps. Main thing I found was you need to have filters on it and keep them clean. The NOS would get hot and lock up but most times you can tear them apart to clean and lube them and be good to go.

·
"Someday"
2,426 Posts
I have never had a problem with my cold fusion pump.

But when I filled bottles I had the people drop them off and I would drop them in the deep freeze for awhile. Might need to pump the last pound or so. Also I like to pump a 1/2 to 1 lb at a time and tilt the bottle upside down and right side up 7 or 8 times. When they are warm it takes some time to fill them without just cranking down on the pump.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No Steve we don't. I'll make sure it does though before the next one goes on. Thanks

How much is too much pressure when pumping?

·
Registered
73 Posts
the only pump i've ever used was the NOS pump. i always turned the bottle upside down and let it free flow. it would take 6-7 pounds and i would only have to pump the last few. i found keeping the valve cold is the key it seems like.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i never liked to pump over 1200. when the pump slows down and starts laboring it made me nervous, but that's just me. do you use filler bottles with tubes in them or upside down bottles?

·
Diamond Pistons Rep
4,400 Posts
Jeff,
If you going to be in Joliet, yell at me and we can talk about this over a cold drink.. Thanks, SJ
Steve ya gonna be with berry and the crew at joliet this weekend? I'll make sure I stop by and give ya a hard time :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts