Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tried both stages last night 82 squared on big shot 34 total timing pulled 8 degrees5.25 flowing fogger 32n 28 fuel 5.50lbs flowing pulling additional 12degrees this makes 14 total if both kits are on plate left great as soon as i grabbed the fogger it broke up shooting orange flame out the left pipe have video if needed will to much fuel cause this or maybe pulling to much timing ran the fogger by itsself runs great any suggestions appreciated trying to go back again today :confused:

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1st stage run good ran to the330mark plugs looked descent a hair fat the picture is when igrabbed the fogger im wondering if its timing or fuel kits both work separatley

·
Procharger Power
23,972 Posts
Fire in the pipes is generally too much fuel or too little timing. You need to get the first system 100% before you add the second kit. Also what size bottle are you using to feed two kits?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i run 1 10 lb should i go to 2 bottles the kits work great one at a time i am at 14 degrees total timing with both kits on 23 degree motor afr 227 heads msd 7al3 bt to little timing you mean i need to put some back in

·
Procharger Power
23,972 Posts
Unless you're running a flat top piston I don't see how it would only run 34 peak. Find true peak on the engine first. And yes a single 10lb bottle isn't enough nitrous for those 2 kits. Bottle pressure probably falls way off when the fogger comes on.

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
Unless you're running a flat top piston I don't see how it would only run 34 peak. Find true peak on the engine first. And yes a single 10lb bottle isn't enough nitrous for those 2 kits. Bottle pressure probably falls way off when the fogger comes on.
Afternoon..... "JIGGLE":smt082

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i usaully have it at 36 degrees i lowered it i will put it back and ad a second bottle before using both systems i was pulling 8 degrees from 36 on a 93-93 jetting on plate ran great and plugs looked good and running the fogger by itsself i pulled 14 from 36 n32-f28 plugs looked good any timing suggestions they would be greatly appreciated i know i have to read plugs would like a good starting point thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
this is the pass it broke up as soon as i grabbed the fogger left bank only maybee you all will see something and have suggestions also

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
i would add another bottle for sure. its hard to guess at timing i was picking up my afr 227 heads and there was a 421 on the dyno with the same heads so i was able to look in on it and i did notice timing was at 37and that was where it made the most hp, but without knowing more about the engine that was on the dyno, that number means nothing. sorry

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
your tune may not be to far off with more n2o volume of two 10lbs bottles. on one 10lbs it will need more timing on the second sys to keep the burn cleaner, it will go fat when the volume of n2o drops with the fogger coming on.

·
Super Moderator
12,185 Posts
From the sounds of things, my bet is on timing ??? Also, do you have a crank trigger/rotor phase issue ???

He's the other thing that i question here ????? In your first post you say.. "i tried both stages last night 82 squared on big shot 34 total timing pulled 8 degrees5.25 flowing ". This would put you back to 26 on a .082 jet...

Then you say.... "i usaully have it at 36 degrees i lowered it i will put it back and ad a second bottle before using both systems i was pulling 8 degrees from 36 on a 93-93 jetting on plate ran great and plugs looked good". This is saying that on a bigger tune up (.093's) and more timing (28 degrees) it ran great ?? This is a bigger tune with 2 degrees more timing..

Then you adding a tune upp in the direct port system that really isn't to much larger the the .093's in the plate and you pulled 12 more !! Sure seems like a lot..... Just my two cents... SJ

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i was listening to a fellow at the track on my tune up thats why i pulled so much timing afterwards i realized that he had a littlechief headed smallblock 3 systems 1 in the intake and 2 foggers all speedtech i realized that the combinations are totaly differant and definatley require differant tune up and timing im gonna reset my timing and not take as much out on first or second i think 6 on the 82s and another 10 on the fogger and go from there does this sound feasable and by the way thanks everyone for the replys would like suggestions on timing on the 2nd system

·
Procharger Power
23,972 Posts
That sounds closer than where you were. Find where the engine peaks first or you'll always be lower than you need to be.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
It sounds like everyone is in agreement that it's a timing issue (too low). I guess that I've never realized that you can pull too much timing...yes, I knew that a motor may not make any power with too much timing pulled out, but I didn't think that it would actually start breaking up. Is this true?

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,959 Posts
Yeah, seems strange to me that if too much is pulled it causes problems since the turbo guys pull a lot of timing to control power, but it is two different animals.................

1 - 20 of 28 Posts