Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to install an autometer pressure gauge on my car,question is,is it better to get the reading from the bottle,or should I come off by my purge noid? I already have a small gauge on my bottle right now,so what should I do?

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I'd have to say off the Purge Noid. We had similar questions too. What we decided to do was to use a single n20 pressure gauge to read pressure AFTER we have verified its accuracy vs. the data logger bottle pressure. So, if when we Launch the gauge reads 950# & the data logger at Launch reads close to the same, this is as accurate as we can get. Also, it is our experience that if the bottle pressure is a bit on the LOW side, i.e. 900# at Launch, no big deal, BUT if the bottle pressure is on the HIGH side say 1050# at launch, the tune-up will be affected more, i.e. lean. So, if we err, we want to do it on the Low side, not high side...more of an issue in the summer months down South. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool,I thought coming off the purge noid would be the thing to do,just wanted to make sure. Thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'd have to say off the Purge Noid. We had similar questions too. What we decided to do was to use a single n20 pressure gauge to read pressure AFTER we have verified its accuracy vs. the data logger bottle pressure. So, if when we Launch the gauge reads 950# & the data logger at Launch reads close to the same, this is as accurate as we can get. Also, it is our experience that if the bottle pressure is a bit on the LOW side, i.e. 900# at Launch, no big deal, BUT if the bottle pressure is on the HIGH side say 1050# at launch, the tune-up will be affected more, i.e. lean. So, if we err, we want to do it on the Low side, not high side...more of an issue in the summer months down South. Good luck.
Where do you put the pressure transducer for the data logger? Close to the purge as well?

·
Registered
55 Posts
dont trust those little nitrous gauges there not always right .go to a hardware store and buy a liquid filled hydraulic gauge they are right

·
Registered
234 Posts
......so don't trust an auto meter ultra lite gauge huh?
No, don't trust a liquid filled gauge under the hood. Search it, you'll have nothing but problems. Run your autometer by your purge, you'll be just fine.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Woah,what the hell ya talking about. Were did liquid filled,under hood gauge come into play with a nitrous pressure gauge? All I asked if I should tap off purge or at the bottle. The auto meter ultra lite is not a liquid filled gauge. The regular pro comp is a liquid filled gauge.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am sure he is refuring to using a liquid filled gauge inside the car not under the hood.We had one right beside the driver big 4" gauge with 1/4 turn shut off valves so you could see the pressure and shut off the bottles easy if a problem arose.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
...ha.....still confused were a liquid filled gauge got brought up?? Never said anything about it but I know,liquid filled gauges are no good. Just trying to figure out were it came from in this topic.

·
Registered
25,090 Posts
how much difference can there be between the bottle and the purge ? your saying if I had a gauge on the line at the bottle and one at the end of the 15' line it would be different ?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Get rid of the auto meter gauge. if you look at most Pro Mods, they have approx. 4" liquid filled gauges right off the bottle, then the nitrous line comes off that to a 1/4 turn ball valve along the trans tunnel. " basically so you can keep the 1/4 turn valves off, turn on the bottles and see where your pressure is at before you even get to the burn out box" then after your burnout when your ready, open the 1/4 turn valves and your ready to purge if need be.

·
Grandpa
6,479 Posts
Get rid of the auto meter gauge. if you look at most Pro Mods, they have approx. 4" liquid filled gauges right off the bottle, then the nitrous line comes off that to a 1/4 turn ball valve along the trans tunnel. " basically so you can keep the 1/4 turn valves off, turn on the bottles and see where your pressure is at before you even get to the burn out box" then after your burnout when your ready, open the 1/4 turn valves and your ready to purge if need be.
thats how mine is:cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts