Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CALLED ENGINE BUILDER TODAY BUT DID GET A CLEAR ENOUGH ANSWER TO MY ? ON THIS PROBLEM. MOTOR IS A 615 BIG CHIEF HEADS (NOT CLEAR IF THERE 18* OR 16.5*) 28* BASE TIMING 2 SYSTEMS 32/26 PULLING 8* OUT ON BOTH FOR A TOTAL OF -16* SO GOIN DOWN TRACK TIMING IS AT 12*. FUEL PRESSURE IS 5.25 ON BOTH. ITS FINE ON 1 BUT WHEN THE 2sys COMES ON IT POPS. SO WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM ANYONE? WAS TOLD TO CHECK CAP AND WIRES

·
Registered
145 Posts
Have you checked rotor phasing?

·
RED ROCKET
8,629 Posts
have you checked where the rotor phase is?i am figuring you have a crank trigger.does it pop out the exhaust or out the carb?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it has a trigger on it. Yes i have phased it. I phased it on the leading edge of 15* in the hole but i figured goin back to 12* shouldnt pull it out the hole. Yes it does pop out the exhaust

·
RED ROCKET
8,629 Posts
i run 5psi on my 2cd kit(same jetting you run) and mine runs great at 12 degrees...whats the plug gap on?what gap on the trigger?are you sure the 2cd stage nitrous solenoids are opening?maybe we can ask enough questions to help get it figured out.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shooting ducks i would say
plug gap i think its at 25-28 not sure on trigger gap

i did find that the jets on the 2sys were clogged up. Took everything apart cleaned it put another set of jets in it pulled all the plugs hooked the bottle up opened the line armed the sys spun the motor over while activating the sys with the 1sys nos lines capped of 1sys came on then the 2sys and nos out all 8 sparkplug holes. Went to the track fri after feelin good that everything should be workin good with the 2sys soon as it came on at 1.15sec it started shooting ducks.

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
again just try to run on the 2nd kit and see ..if it's cylinder pressure you will now then.. if it's gap (Isay no) ,or fat ,or cranktrigger ..it should be 70 thousands gap on trigger!IMO

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll have to rewire the plug to turn the 2sys on 1st but its worth it. And what if its a cylinder pressure issue?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Might want to take a look at your Grounds. Had a issue like this one time and ended up being some bad ground connectors.

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
just a thought, happened to me recently. 2nd stage on the spagetti menders power base went south. only when loaded the second stage would pop like hell. 3rd stage would clean it up. swapped the stages around still did it. checked phasing and everything under the sun. ended up being the power base would not supply enough current to open all the solenoids. fuel would open, 1/2 the no2 wouldn't. really rich on the second kit, monte smith gave me an idea to check it out and damn if he didn't nail it. we went back to continuous duty solenoids, no more problems.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Are you running the small dist. cap ? If so you are probably jumpin to another post pullin that much timing out.Also check the plunger's in the Nos solonoids they usually won't make it pop just smother from being fat.

·
Registered
522 Posts
This kinda issue could be a lot of things and there are some good responces & yes it could be voltage, solenoids, ect. but I would challenge you to try the following. I can not tell you how many times I have seen customers cars with the issue on the spray. Simply tighten up the plug gap (some times in the teens depending on ignition, compression & N20 hp) & poof no more popping.

·
Registered
271 Posts
x2, ricks wires are far the best, im running methanol and have an msd10 that interferes with my bs3, davis box, and msd if i am not running the firecore wires.... my data logs are very erratic with any other plug wire...

·
Registered
31,638 Posts
This kinda issue could be a lot of things and there are some good responces & yes it could be voltage, solenoids, ect. but I would challenge you to try the following. I can not tell you how many times I have seen customers cars with the issue on the spray. Simply tighten up the plug gap (some times in the teens depending on ignition, compression & N20 hp) & poof no more popping.
X2 (and what Monte said)

·
Super Moderator
12,123 Posts
You talked about the system being all plugged up, did you also clean the filters before the solenoids when you cleaned and changed the jets ??

It's also kind of tough to answer when your not even sure what you have, but if it is an 18 or possibly even a 16 degree head, it may just want some more timing in it ??? Firing the timing to late leaves unburnt fuel to explode in the exhaust... Just a thought.. SJ

1 - 20 of 42 Posts