Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't mean to be a complete dumb ass here BUT. When a nitrous car pops out the carb on the starting or down track what usually causes it. Timing greed? Intake valve issue?

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Could be a few different things; timing, too much fuel, I even seen it happen with the motor not being up to temp, etc. Can you give anymore info?

PS. It's not a dumb question at all, as many racers have had this battle.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not using N2O now. Running na now but considering going to a N2O combo for next year. Just would like to have an idea of what I am getting in to. I see a lot of N2O cars popping out the carb and or pipes at the start and down track. Just trying to gain knowledge. THANKS for your input.

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
A pop through the carb on the starting line and then one down track, are you usually two seperate issues. A pop through the carb at the drop of the brake, can be either rich, lean, or caused by a ton of timing knocked out. The same holds true for a pop in the first few feet of the track. Further downtrack however, a pop through the carb, is seldom a good thing. This is usually because something set off the charge in the intake manifold. Broken rocker, burned piston, pushed out head gasket, some type misfire, or other type mishaps, that are generally not good.

Popping through the exhaust, again, can be rich or lean, but usually rich and can also be ignition, electrical, or tune related.

Clear as mud...........right.................lol

Monte

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Not too high jack,but my last pass as soon as I let off the throttle at the traps it popped through the carb,seen a small flame,never been an issue before. What would cause this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts