Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use nitrous to spool turbos off the line and how does it work or wouldt it be better to use it at the carb off the line till the boost comes in.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Never together but I have run each individually. I do know several guys that do it. You set it up in the exact same way as if you didn't have a turbo. Think of a lazy spooling turbo as a tight converter that doesn't want to get up on the brake if you are using it to spool. Same goes for going down the track which also yields a charge cooling effect. It all has to do with triggers, window switches, ramps, and delays. Your question was sort of vague, hence my vague answer. What specifically is the problem that you are having or are anticipating?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never together but I have run each individually. I do know several guys that do it. You set it up in the exact same way as if you didn't have a turbo. Think of a lazy spooling turbo as a tight converter that doesn't want to get up on the brake if you are using it to spool. Same goes for going down the track which also yields a charge cooling effect. It all has to do with triggers, window switches, ramps, and delays. Your question was sort of vague, hence my vague answer. What specifically is the problem that you are having or are anticipating?

I was thinking of using it to spool my turbos of the line and shut off as soon as the boost comes in , i was thinking of running the nitrous rite at the tubos.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
If you are using it to spool and not to cool the charge, you'll want it as close to the runner as possible and I'd do it wet. Then I imagine you can kill the system with a hobs switch at X psi.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are using it to spool and not to cool the charge, you'll want it as close to the runner as possible and I'd do it wet. Then I imagine you can kill the system with a hobs switch at X psi.
I have a TT blow thru setup , would you run it in to the turbos or in the turbo discharge tubes or under the carb , someone told me to run a fogger nozzle 6" befor the carb hat.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I did it. Foot brake turbo setup using a 100shot on a NX boost referenced controller. would spray until i reached 6psi and shut off. Total on time of the nitrous system was about 1 second per pass. 1.41 sixtys in a 4000lb truck this way.

worked very well for me. occasionally 1 would run the 100 hit the whole pass as well. truck picked up 8mph on a 100 hit the whole pass at 17lbs it went from 145mph to 153 on a 100shot.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did it. Foot brake turbo setup using a 100shot on a NX boost referenced controller. would spray until i reached 6psi and shut off. Total on time of the nitrous system was about 1 second per pass. 1.41 sixtys in a 4000lb truck this way.

worked very well for me. occasionally 1 would run the 100 hit the whole pass as well. truck picked up 8mph on a 100 hit the whole pass at 17lbs it went from 145mph to 153 on a 100shot.

Cool Truck , where you using a plate system , do you have any pix of that setup

·
Registered
411 Posts
nest summer i want to plub in to dry nozzles to come on when my car gets to 15lbs to try and cool the charge down, i dont run an intercooler, so I think this willl make a huge difference. lol and once i get a better IAT sensor i will actually be able to tsee the difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts