Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it illegal in Ohio to have a nitous system on the street? I have heard its ok as long as the valve is off, the bottle is empty, or the line to the bottle is disconnected.

·
RTCTTFMF
2,221 Posts
I know it is illegal in Florida. Don't know about Ohio

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just called Ohio State Highway Patrol and the cop I talked to was a dick from the second he got on the phone. He said NO its illegal to have it on the car. I said what if the bottle is empty or disconnected he said its still illegal and why in the hell do you want to run nitrous on a street car? I said because I run it on the track as well. Now I'm skeptical because cops dont always know the actual laws either but I was curious what they would say.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Yea you would Prolly get a different answer from another cop. I think it is illegal. But........mines staying hooked up. F em.

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
I never heard it was illegal in Florida. I was going to put the bottle on the trans hump between the rear seats.
Not real noticable, but if I got pulled over I would think they could see it.
Anyone of a statute number on that for Florida.

·
Registered
10,973 Posts

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
HAVE YOU HEARD OF GOOGLE?

About Nitrous Oxide and Motor Vehicle Charges

Columbus Nitrous Oxide Defense

The laws in the state of Ohio are extremely strict regarding the use of Nitrous Oxide in a vehicle. When you buy the gas, you are required to sign a form that informs you that you are not allowed to use it in the operation of a motor vehicle. The seller of the nitrous oxide is required to keep receipts and names of any person who bought the gas for 2 years. If you are found to have used the gas in the operation of a vehicle, you will not only likely be charged with a street racing charge, but you will be charged with falsification, misdemeanor of the first degree. It is crucial that you get legal representation from a Columbus nitrous oxide defense lawyer at once if you have been arrested and charged with this offense.
Nitrous Oxide and Vehicles Defense Lawyer in Columbus

You are in serious trouble if you have been arrested for violating the law regarding the use of nitrous oxide. Lawmakers in the state have determined that any street racing and the use of the gas is a danger to the public, and have created laws that will heavily punish anyone who is found to have used it in a motor vehicle. Not only will you be charged with the first degree misdemeanor, you will likely face other charges related to street racing, a very unpopular activity with law enforcement and prosecutors in Columbus.
It is important that you carefully avoid answering any questions from law enforcement before getting legal representation from Koffel Law Firm. The attorney will advise you how to proceed and how to protect your rights. Even prior to the arrest, it is very important that you do not make statements or talk with law enforcement. Once arrested, you will be read your "Miranda Rights" and you must contact the firm at once if you hope to fight to increase the possibility of a better outcome in your case.
Contact a Columbus Nitrous Oxide Defense Attorneyfrom Koffel Law Firm at 614-675-4845 today.

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
I don't see why it would be a problem if you put the bottle or bottles in your trunk and use a remote switch how many times to you have to open your trunk during a traffic stop?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Wtf fuck all that bull shit 19 out of 20 cops don't have a clue what it is. Say it'd a fire extinguisher. Fuck em. If your scared quit this hobby and start riding bicycles.

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
It is not legal for use on the street in ANY state. that is Federal law.

Kind of like alcohol. If it is out of reach & untouchable(= N20 not hooked up) by anyone in the passenger compartment is SHOULD be OK. I say SHOULD because some states take it further than Federal & say NONE at all because it is considered a hazardous substance & you may need a license to carry it as per state law.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I just called Ohio State Highway Patrol and the cop I talked to was a dick from the second he got on the phone. He said NO its illegal to have it on the car. I said what if the bottle is empty or disconnected he said its still illegal and why in the hell do you want to run nitrous on a street car? I said because I run it on the track as well. Now I'm skeptical because cops dont always know the actual laws either but I was curious what they would say.

You talked to a cop and he was acting like a dick? Never heard such a thing:confused:

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
Easy defense...you have it in the car for the race track. Of course you would never use it on the street, as that would certainly break the law.

Other than chemical transport laws per state, that would be the only way I could see it being a real problem. So long as you aren't being pulled over for raising hell, then you probably want get any shit for it.

edit: don't think their should be a HazMat issue, explained belowVVV

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
I know here (VA) I was told you had to have a sign saying you have hazardous materials on the car.
I don't see how their would be a HazMat issue now that I think about it. The law requiring you to have a HazMat endorsement on your license, and signs and paperwork, is anything over 1,000lbs.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I don't see how their would be a HazMat issue now that I think about it. The law requiring you to have a HazMat endorsement on your license, and signs and paperwork, is anything over 1,000lbs.
I had a state trooper tell me that one night. We had my car on a trailer. The cop ran my plate, which came back expired. (I had changed the year on the tag). So they checked the vin, which didnt match the registration. They were like "what the hell are you doing"? I explaned that I ran in a class requiring tags and such. I had wrecked the car and transfered the running gear to another car. All I said was the truth, we had stopped at a closed gas station on our way home from the track to use there drink machine. He may have been telling me that cause he thought we were gonna street race, I dont know.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I think your best bet regardless of whether it's illegal or not is to simply not keep your bottle in plain sight and never ever ever ever let a cop search your vehicle without a warrant.

...Also, don't drive like a dick on the street. It's pretty simple really.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts