Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay well I am planning out my new motor, I will be getting it done at some point this year, just not sure how long I will be running my current set up. I know what I want to do I just want to run it by you guys and see if I am pushing it too hard with these parts.

Dart 9.5 deck block
Eagle Crank (4340)
Eagle H-Beam (4340)
Ross Pistons

Thats what I'm looking at rotating assembly wise. I am going to put my top end on it, which is Vic Jr intake, heads, and a plate kit. I also want to add a fogger. I plan on hitting the motor with 200 and 250 hit. So a total of 450hp in spray. I will have my vic jr's worked out near max effort, custom n2o solid roller, aiming for 12:1 compression, 408".

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Eagle stuff will work just fine, as long as the sizes and clearance is checked. I have seen their stuff be off a little, but nothing a little touch up wont fix.

·
Registered
932 Posts
As long as everything is put together right should be no problems. We have a very similar set up in a customers car that I drive and we hosing it hard. 408 eagle rods crank mahle pistons victor jr heads victor jr intake. 82 jet in plate and 32 jet in fogger

·
Registered
829 Posts
Ran the same assembly in a Sportsman II block for 6 years. Found a crack in the 4/8 throw when we took it down to bore it .030 over for the third freshening. We had busted several transmissions behind the motor and maybe that is what caused the crack, we just don't know. Sprayed 150 almost every pass for 3 years on radials and TT5's. My advice is if you are hitting it that hard to check it every year and have it magnafluxed every year. JMHO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts