Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm cleaning up my plumbing a little during the off time and am planning on using this nitrous "manifold" as a distribution point. I have 3 systems and have been feeding stages 1 and 2 with one bottle via a -6 feed line and stage 3 with it's own bottle and -6 feed line. This manifold has (2) -6 in and (5) -6 out which is exactly what I need since my first stage uses only one nitrous solenoid and feed line. The ports are all common, in other words the manifold is "hollow" inside. The only thing that might be questionable is that the -6 feed lines must 90 into the distribution block from the rear due to clearance issues. Does anyone see a problem with this before I install?

Stage 1 will feed from the single top port, stage 2 from the center 45 degree fittings, and stage 3 from the bottom 45's.

Pay no attention to the teflon tape on the straight fittings, they were just screwed in as an example.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Thanks,

Martin

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I have no issue if there is no choice,BUT I would put a straight fitting in the block with a full flow 90* hose end.This will flow more.I think a better choice would be #8 feed line with a showerhead.

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
i see no problem.if you have room for high flow 90 hose ends i would do it..i am a beleiver in combining the bottles so the the kits pull off of both bottles..

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"High Flow 90 degree hose ends", that's the second time they have been mentioned in this thread. Are you referring to nitrous feed line ends? My -6 feed lines have straight ends, I will have to use a -6 female to -6 male to connect my feed lines to the -6 straight fittings coming out of the back of the manifold. Please post a pic, if possible, of the 90 degree bends that you are referring to.

Thanks,

Martin

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Could you bolt it to the firewall and then use straights on the back side inside the car, use the block like a bulkhead!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's going in a third Gen. Camaro right above the distributor into the cowl area. The straights will go through the firewall into the cowl area, not actually inside the car. My feed lines are ran inside the cowl as well as my purge solenoids.

Thanks,

Martin

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
"High Flow 90 degree hose ends", that's the second time they have been mentioned in this thread. Are you referring to nitrous feed line ends? My -6 feed lines have straight ends, I will have to use a -6 female to -6 male to connect my feed lines to the -6 straight fittings coming out of the back of the manifold. Please post a pic, if possible, of the 90 degree bends that you are referring to.

Thanks,

Martin
its a smooth flow hose end...have to cut yours off and press the new end on..send me a pm with your cell number and i will send you a pic

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
It's going in a third Gen. Camaro right above the distributor into the cowl area. The straights will go through the firewall into the cowl area, not actually inside the car. My feed lines are ran inside the cowl as well as my purge solenoids.

Thanks,

Martin
Make some holes in the firewall going to the cowl area using some rubber groments then it's a straight shot to the dist. block.!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Make some holes in the firewall going to the cowl area using some rubber groments then it's a straight shot to the dist. block.!
Good idea, but it's already pretty busy inside the firewall area, I'd rather stay inside the cowl area if I can get the high flow ends for my feed lines installed.

Thanks again,

Martin

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its a smooth flow hose end...have to cut yours off and press the new end on..send me a pm with your cell number and i will send you a pic
PM sent, I assume that these ends require a special tool to crimp onto the feed lines?

Thanks,

Martin

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
any decent hydraulic hose company can do it..i think the brand of the end is parker

1 - 11 of 11 Posts