Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well with living in the good ol' North Cackilaky we get those nice humid afternoons.My question is;when the temps and humidity go up ,do i need to take more retard out or less, for my tuneup.I would think that with cooler temps the air is more efficient therefore you would need more retard then,due to the engine making more power????

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh well, we'll just spray the fuck out of it anyway !

·
Addicted To Nitrous!
3,372 Posts
I dont know if its right or not, but what works for me is adding or removing fuel pressure in different temps or air quality ( more fuel for colder weather), I never change my retards.

·
Registered
217 Posts
in cooler air you will run a little less timing and a little more fuel pressure......how much more or less will depend on how dialed in your current tune up is

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now we're gettin some info.Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Rather than lean on a tune-up I just go a couple jets up and tune accordingly with taking the extra timing out and/or adding fuel to make just a little more power to compensate, but I suppose putting a little more timing back into it oughta help, just be careful. Remember that fuel is power, so I'm not a fan of taking it away...:smt081

1 - 9 of 9 Posts