Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions i want to clarify, i am sure the info is already on here but i cant find it. I am running a single stage fogger on a LS1, Pro shot NOS solenoids. NOS bottle blanket.

When i warm my bottle in the trunk i put a stand alone gauge on the bottle so i could read the gauge and the pressure didnt go to the nitrous solenoid. When nearly ready i take the stand alone gauge off and reconnect the line, turn the bottle on and the pressure dropped from 950 PSI to 800 PSI just from filling the line

1. How do you guys warm your bottle and whats your procedure for keeping the pressure up in the staging lanes?

2. Is it safe to let the bottle pressure go against the NOS solenoid with the engine off while warming the bottle in the staging lanes?

3. Do you turn the bottle off and purge the lines down between runs or just turn the bottle off and leave the lines full? (I have been doing this but i waste a lot of nitrous)

Your help is greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Bottle bath helps heat the full bottle not just partial like a blanket. You can make a cheap on for around 50 and there are examples on this site just do a search

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I've been having good luck with going to 24 pounds instead of 25 on a 10 pound bottle.. bottle is advertised to hold 10 pound on the dot making it 25 full, I run 24 because I see less pressure drop on the first few hits.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks very much for your help. Water bottle bath has been ordered. Didnt even think of the bottle being over filled :-damnit Ill try getting them filled to 24 Lbs next time and see how that goes.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
We run a battery cable with quick pins from the golf cart batteries to the ARC dual bottle heaters....works like a charm, & takes but a couple minutes to get the bottle pressure up. We have also lowered our "baseline" bottle pressure closer to 900#-925# from previous 975#. Good luck.

·
Registered
459 Posts
1/4 turn valve with a gauge from steve. Use a bath to warm the bottle equally and arc. Heaters to maintain in staging lanes.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
1/4 turn valve with a gauge from steve. Use a bath to warm the bottle equally and arc. Heaters to maintain in staging lanes.
This^
Put the 1/4 turn valve and gauge, within the drivers reach .

·
Registered
612 Posts
Another vote for the quarter turn valve and big gauge from Steve. Makes life so much easier

·
Registered
203 Posts
most gauges people use are junk, 100lb variance in gauges is common

·
Registered
920 Posts
another vote for a ballvalve in the feed line with a guage. best thing I ever did.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts