Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a nitrous express system, has anyone run one of these systems?

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
You will probably find a lot of people that have. I have one of their plate systems on my car now.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Just follow there feel pressure tune ups and it will work great

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
200 shot hitman and its going on a 383 sbc.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
i ran 200hp on my 565BBC just as the book indicated with great results, over 50 hits on it. Also had moly rings in at the time so i never went any higher. always leaked down great. good luck.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
NX shark nozzles with the rails. Ran 26N 20F on pumpgas with a BBC. Probably 10-15 hits and plugs looked great. Enjoy;)

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
200 shot hitman and its going on a 383 sbc.

Nothing wrong with that plate, just make sure when you mount it on your intake (you never said which one you have) that the spray pattern isn't abrupted if you have a dual plane intake or a high rise intake (spacer built into the intake). Having it set right down on top of an open plane intake (not on top of any spacers) will suit you best.

If you're gonna shot the 200 max, make sure you received the correct orifice noids, .063N and .125F, if you got the .187F it will be a little extra rich, but you can easily tune it with the fuel jet at a set fuel pressure.

If you need any HP setting outside of what they gave you with the kit (100-200), let me know and i'll try to post them for ya.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
appreciate the info, and im running a strip dominator intake and dragracer u said to mount directly on intake no spacers in between correct? ok next question, will a 780 street avenger carb be suitable for this application? now can i upgrade jets outside the 200hp that came with system or is that max for this system? im super new to nitrous so i'm gonna ask some fundamental question for u guys.. by the way dragracer u know a guy name bill duciett, i think thats how u spell his last name, he runs outlaw pro mod stuff

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Strip Dominator is a good fit for the Hitman plate. I would mount it directly on the intake, but if you mount it on different height spacers (1/4', 1/2'', etc, etc), but you'll have to tune your carb accordingly around how you set it up. You should have

If it were me i'd mount the plate directly on the intake, tune the motor in like that (the plate its like a spacer itself), then if your new to Nitrous like you have said, i'd start off with 100 HP and have fun, then go up from there. Make sure everything is installed correctly before you try it! A lot of people may have somewhat different opinions with Nitrous, but if you want me to help you with the install / tuning with this plate, PM me. I'll give you my # to call. Enjoy your experience and a warning to you........ IT's ADDICTIVE!!!

No 200 HP is all you will get out of that plate max the way it's set up (as you bought it), but you can go to a low of 50 HP, which they probably didn't sell you those jets.

Yes i know Bill Doucet real good and i help out with the Southern Fried Rat Pro Mod (Pizza Joe). I actually bought his ol white Firebird big tire car from him that we used to run with a 632 / Nitrous before the local Q-16 classes started getting way out of hand.

My 6 year old has one of Bills alum rods out of his motor from a race at SCR. He proud of that and i asked him if he wanted one out of mine and he said my car is to slow........LOL

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well we ran against bill in san antonio in some super chevy stuff. i crewed on a black 55 chevy, but bill blew our doors off everytime we raced that guy. he had his vette running running low 6's and we where in the 6.80's at the time. very cool guy, if you happen to c him tell him the boys from corpus christi said hi. ill b setting this thing up over the next week or so, then it's going to paint then probably to san antonio for test & tune. i'll give u a shout if i got any questions. THANKS!!!!!

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
well we ran against bill in san antonio in some super chevy stuff. i crewed on a black 55 chevy, but bill blew our doors off everytime we raced that guy. he had his vette running running low 6's and we where in the 6.80's at the time. very cool guy, if you happen to c him tell him the boys from corpus christi said hi. ill b setting this thing up over the next week or so, then it's going to paint then probably to san antonio for test & tune. i'll give u a shout if i got any questions. THANKS!!!!!

I'll let Bill know ya'll said hi next time i see em and no prob.

·
Registered
900 Posts
great system i use there billet plate with a 200 hit i just follow there tune up with great results. but i am new to nitrous also and just playing it safe .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
appreciate all the info fellas, let me c if i can do this without blowing the carb off the engine ha ha

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Like some others have mentioned start out with N/E's recommended fuel pressure and jetting. I use about 8.75 lbs flowing through whatever fuel jet I am using in the plate on mine. But some of their plates have a high and a low fuel pressure tuneup. Most use the high pressure one in that case, at least the guys I see using those plates.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey z289sec at 8.75 lbs. did u see a quicker e.t.?

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
The tuneup on mine is

10 psi safe rich flowed thru the corresponding jet
9 psi safe " "
8 psi safe lean " "

I started at 10 and worked my way back till the plugs looked good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts