Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I viewed the info Monty has on wiring a circuit to avoid nitrous activation when on the transbrake......It won't work for me without alot of rewiring......What about this...Car leaves on two step at 4800rpm. The nitrous is on a 30 amp 5 pin relay. The nitrous has an arming switch which goes to #85 on relay. #86 on relay will go through a micro switch on the throttle(WOT) to the yellow wire on a MSD RPM Activated Switch with a chip higher than 4800rpm to supply the ground.

I asked MSD about this and they indicated it would take two relays and were to send a fax (no show). I'm not wiring into the transbrake....just kicking nitrous on at a higher rpm than the 4800 launch. I do not see the need for another relay, am I missing something?
thanks,
Mooreboys

·
Registered
613 Posts
......What about this...Car leaves on two step at 4800rpm. The nitrous is on a 30 amp 5 pin relay. The nitrous has an arming switch which goes to #85 on relay. #86 on relay will go through a micro switch on the throttle(WOT) to the yellow wire on a MSD RPM Activated Switch with a chip higher than 4800rpm to supply the ground.
I don't see any problems with what you have described if all you’re doing is bringing the Nitrous on at a higher RPM.
If future plans are to turn the Nitrous on after letting go of the Trns Brk, there will be a delay and 60' will be affected. Wiring a relay in to interrupt the Micro sw while on the Trns Brk is the only proven effective method.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion, if not let me know.
Thanks for inquiring
Sparky

·
TURBOBULLET.COM BITCHES!
6,046 Posts
Can't you just wire an additional relay to drop voltage to the arming switch while the transbrake button is held???? That would only be changing 2 wires, and it would work fine....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts