Yellow Bullet Forums banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Aviation Section
24,267 Posts
For those who have to stay at home it is a good time to revisit the Surfers videos by Bill Pitts. The complete list is in post #119, link is below.

Dave

·
Registered
17,214 Posts
Big Daddy said it would go to hell when they let them start tearing into everything between rounds. Sure enough, he was right.
Yes he was. I remember laying in pit gravel next to him in '69 at Kansas City (As a kid I just had to see what the heck he was doing under there!). He was dropping the pan and using crocus cloth on #3&4 rod journal & replacing those bearings after each pass. He said the crank was going 'out of round'. It was just him and one other guy helping at the race. They weren't about to pull that engine out, because they'd never been able to make the next round. Believe he either runnered-up or won that race. The man was one hard working guy.

·
Aviation Section
24,267 Posts
Yes he was. I remember laying in pit gravel next to him in '69 at Kansas City (As a kid I just had to see what the heck he was doing under there!). He was dropping the pan and using crocus cloth on #3&4 rod journal & replacing those bearings after each pass. He said the crank was going 'out of round'. It was just him and one other guy helping at the race. They weren't about to pull that engine out, because they'd never been able to make the next round. Believe he either runnered-up or won that race. The man was one hard working guy.
Damn!, you got me beat! The best I ever did was hold the door of Bucky's Cuda at the Gators one year when he was doing some emergency wiring and was alone at the Gators one year!

121 - 124 of 124 Posts