Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right venue or not for this question.

Starting to look for a used truck, new pricing is outlandish and frankly the styling is fugly for most full size trucks- except for the Ford F150....except....it's a Ford;)
Not much interested in the big three and Toyota is 40% higher than the Nissan. 30 years ago I think Nissan was competitive with Honda/Toyota- but I think their quality has fallen off- but is it still a decent make or stay away.
Looking at 2015 ish year as I like this gen style as the latest gen joined the rest in fuglyness, although the 5.6L V8 seems to be improved. So how are the drivetrain and bodies holding out- electrical issues?
In the past it was a fairly easy choice of Chevy for me- but looking around, 5 years and the boxes are rusting out around here- did I say fugly?

Thanks

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That bad eh- I heard it was worse than Toy 5.7L which is no hell- but figured how bad could it be?

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I have a 2019 Titan Pro 4x with the 5.6 and 7 speed, gets right at 20 with summer gas and a little less now in the winter. I’m at like 35,000 on it averaging 1,000miles a week.

I like the truck but honestly I’ll probably pick up a Ram next year and leave the Nissan. No major bitches but several little things that lead up to me preferring the Ram. The Ram 5.7 and 8 speed is tough to beat if you are looking at 2015 vintage trucks.

oh, and definitely not the right section for this post.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Titan’s Dana 44 rears will eat bearing if frequently loaded heavy or towing heavy. I’ve got a 5.7L Tundra that I work very hard; average only mid 11’s miles per gallon (towing and/or hauling continuously). But, it runs great on cheap 87octane and doesn’t break down. I’d rather pay a little extra at the pump instead of paying a lot extra for repairs and downtime.

·
Registered
7,445 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My old Blaser had the Dana 44--- in the front. A few years ago I borrowed a Tundra 5.7L, was really disappointed in the mileage- no different than my TBI at the time for some reason I expected better- more hp tho. Used to driving a 90s 4Runner and just felt the Tundra was bloated like Toyota stretched it to fit a full size and compete with the domestics. The 4Runner had no wasted space.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts