Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
78681 - 78700 of 117827 Posts

·
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
12,739 Posts
That is cool. I was wondering as I know a lot of the use a box to get out of the hole and then ramp back up the power.
Yeah, some of the really fast guys do, but I'm not fast yet. Maybe I'll think about traction control or a 7531 if I try to run 7s, but the plan for now is to not run faster than the 8.50 the cage is certed for.

·
Grade 8 Motorsports
4,616 Posts

·
~TweakeD~
9,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #78,683
The current stock bottom end record is 12.38 so my goal is 12.37 or quicker. lol He ran that with 265whp on a 125 wet shot on VP-110 at 2410lbs. I'm making ~305whp at 14psi on pump 93 at about 2550lbs. His redline is 7,000rpm and mine is 7,800rpm. He has a 3.82 gear with 23" tires and I have a 4.06 gear with 24.5" tires so roll out is about the same. My top end charge with the turbo is a good bit stronger than his with the nitrous.

My Focus has ~68,000 miles of which ~49,000 are boosted miles.
I hope you get that goal man. It sounds like youre right there with it, so i wish you the best! Make sure you keep us posted!

·
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
12,739 Posts
Any radial car has a hard time running at norwalk or thompson. I dont know if its the glue or what, but if you have a turbo car on radials and run at norwalk and cant get it to hook, slap on slicks and it hooks like a mother fucker lol Milan is more of a heads up radial track and theres alot that run there.
Same story with the tracks around here. Not much heads-up stuff. 99% bracket racing big tire cars running 11s and 12s, so no prep is needed. I laugh when those guys bitch about the track being "greasy".

·
~TweakeD~
9,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #78,686
Same story with the tracks around here. Not much heads-up stuff. 99% bracket racing big tire cars running 11s and 12s, so no prep is needed. I laugh when those guys bitch about the track being "greasy".
I can get the nova to hook no problem..even when i ran it at TNT at the track temp was 114. I know they got a new prep guy, so we will see if i can get the camaro to hook. Dont get me wrong, norwalk is a fantastic track...just hard to tune a radial for it. Thompson is finally starting to prep for radials cause OLS runs there and are trying to get a bigger car count for the series im running in the camaro. So it should hook there. If my buddys 2500hp car can hook at Thompson, i think i should lol

·
~TweakeD~
9,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #78,687
Track rental at MIR is Feb. 18th! :supz:
Ill be going to Import vs Domestics with the camaro, so ill keep you updated on that, while you keep me updated on your goal haha

·
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
12,739 Posts
I can get the nova to hook no problem..even when i ran it at TNT at the track temp was 114. I know they got a new prep guy, so we will see if i can get the camaro to hook. Dont get me wrong, norwalk is a fantastic track...just hard to tune a radial for it. Thompson is finally starting to prep for radials cause OLS runs there and are trying to get a bigger car count for the series im running in the camaro. So it should hook there. If my buddys 2500hp car can hook at Thompson, i think i should lol
Yeah, that's always a good measuring stick. If the really fast cars can get down the track, then I should have no excuses when only running 9s. Also, this year I am going to be running a powerglide. I've always been using a TH350, so switching to a powerglide should actually make things easier on me to get into the 8s. 3.89 rear with a 1.80 first gear running 8s should be way easier than 4.56 rear with a 2.52 first gear running 10.5s or 3.89 rear with 2.52 running 9.8s.

·
~TweakeD~
9,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #78,692
Yeah, that's always a good measuring stick. If the really fast cars can get down the track, then I should have no excuses when only running 9s. Also, this year I am going to be running a powerglide. I've always been using a TH350, so switching to a powerglide should actually make things easier on me to get into the 8s. 3.89 rear with a 1.80 first gear running 8s should be way easier than 4.56 rear with a 2.52 first gear running 10.5s or 3.89 rear with 2.52 running 9.8s.
You should be fine with that then. I was thinking about putting a glide in the nova, but im done spending money on it this year. As of right now, the car is ready to go except a little odds and ends. Im trying to get the camaro out so i can see what the hell it will do lol

·
~TweakeD~
9,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #78,693
Nice. I'll be running my slow 12.00 index. lol

I was just up in Ohio last weekend. Saw Aaron Klieber at the comedy show in Loudonville.
Thats not too far from me. At least the weather was alright for ya! haha

I dont know the classes yet for the race, but as of right now its my goal to be there. My buddy wants to take his ODR car too

·
Grade 8 Motorsports
4,616 Posts
Pssh. You guys are all talk. ;)

·
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
12,739 Posts
haha good luck to ya! The nova should be at least an 8.70 car this year which ill be MORE then happy with.
I'll either get there or burn pistons trying. This motor has been 8.50s with a 250 shot in a car 300 pounds lighter than mine. I should be able to shed at least 200 pounds by race season thanks to the carbon fiber and a few other things. My goal will just be to be the first guy. Records fall, but being the first guy...no one can take that away from you. It will be permanently added to my sig line when I get the time slip. Both 255 and 235....if I can get them first.

·
Beer me!!
22,507 Posts
Lotsa beer during the big game?
Yeah, knocked back quite a few. I usually don't even watch the superbowl, but my buddy and I took their 69 Polara out for a cruise, ended up in this little mountain town south of here called Wolf Creek, we watched the game in this cool little bar there.

·
~TweakeD~
9,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #78,700
I'll either get there or burn pistons trying. This motor has been 8.50s with a 250 shot in a car 300 pounds lighter than mine. I should be able to shed at least 200 pounds by race season thanks to the carbon fiber and a few other things. My goal will just be to be the first guy. Records fall, but being the first guy...no one can take that away from you. It will be permanently added to my sig line when I get the time slip. Both 255 and 235....if I can get them first.
Well i hope you too get the goal you want. Its a hell of an achievement lol

78681 - 78700 of 117827 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.