Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how long will it take for nhra to step and stop outlaw pro mods from running 1/4 mile at nhra sanction tracks? 272 mph is to fast and unsafe in a suspended short wheel base door car

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
So how long will it take for nhra to step and stop outlaw pro mods from running 1/4 mile at nhra sanction tracks? 272 mph is to fast and unsafe in a suspended short wheel base door car
Killjoy :p

·
43,353 Posts
Looked pretty straight and safe to me...The last I checked, you had to be an adult to drive one of these, so if that hasnt changed, leave them the F alone!!!!!

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
I suspect not long. When's the next outlaw pro mod 1/4 mile race?

·
43,353 Posts
This could be the best thing thats came along in a long time in the NHRA, if they look at it from a business standpoint, they'll leave them alone.

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
But really, how much "less safe" is a modern Outlaw Pro Mod chassis than a TAFC chassis?

Seems to me there are a whole slew of TAFC and TAD cars wrecking every year in 1/4-mile racing and very, very few fatalities. Heck, the last two NHRA national events have seen 3 TAD cars violently crashed past the 1/8-mile. Is anyone worried about NHRA stepping in and telling THEM they can't run 1/4-mile? No.

·
Registered
391 Posts
If the NHRA doesn't want this happening at their sanctioned tracks then just move it to non-NHRA tracks. There are good ones out there.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
What data and or facts do you have to back up this statement, you must at the very least have an engineering degree, do you? How do you figure that a 5.99 and quicker chassis cert has reached its limit @ 5.47? How can you prove that's its not safer to go that fast in a "suspended short wheel base door car" than a funny car?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
If they let it continue it will come with a painful new chassis cert.
There's probably not enough interest in 1/4 mile outlaw racing to fund it so the easiest solution is to put a speed limit on it.
Maybe it can slip through the cracks if it remains a low car count novelty show a few times a year.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
What data and or facts do you have to back up this statement, you must at the very least have an engineering degree, do you? How do you figure that a 5.99 and quicker chassis cert has reached its limit @ 5.47? How can you prove that's its not safer to go that fast in a "suspended short wheel base door car" than a funny car?
You don't need data or facts except NHRA freaking out about Maggio going 260.
They want legal cars to stay around 250 mph...I don't think they are going to embrace 277.

·
Registered
38,908 Posts
This could be the best thing thats came along in a long time in the NHRA, if they look at it from a business standpoint, they'll leave them alone.
NHRA doesn't even like the 250mph cars they already have, and have made it perfectly clear that if the ProMod folks want an NHRA racing venue, they'll have to pay for every dime of it.

That, despite almost every fan in attendance claiming P/M as their favorite class. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
NHRA doesn't even like the 250mph cars they already have, and have made it perfectly clear that if the ProMod folks want an NHRA racing venue, they'll have to pay for every dime of it.

That, despite almost every fan in attendance claiming P/M as their favorite class. :rolleyes:
If that's true, why do they head for the pits when the Pro Mods run at national events? Stands are pretty empty until Nitro cars fire up.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Like my friend mark savage said, they have to be bottoming out their shocks and making it a solid suspension. How can they say what the chassis will handle? I didn't see any flex in the q80 car. I think it is safe than the legal cars running 250.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
My friend's car was raced overseas by Al balooshi, he bought it in the U.S. after it had been sent back, it was tied down tighter than a drum, so yes I would say solid suspension is possibly happening.

Dave...

Like my friend mark savage said, they have to be bottoming out their shocks and making it a solid suspension. How can they say what the chassis will handle? I didn't see any flex in the q80 car. I think it is safe than the legal cars running 250.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I dont own or drive a pro mod but its just my opinion that they are the best race cars to watch in person! As a fan I like to see them hauling ass. Now if there were several wrecks every week and it was due to high speeds then yes maybe slow them down a little. But thats not the case!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts