Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From DragRacing Online..
NHRA SOLD TO SMI, Part 86

DRO editor Jeff Burk now believes, based upon recent information he has received, the chances are good that after the U.S. Nationals at the first race of NHRA’s chase to the Championship which will be held Bruton Smith's newly completed ZMax track in Charlotte the Smith family and their company SMI may announce that they will purchase the NHRA. Come back Monday morning and read all about it in Burk’s Blast. [8/1/2008]

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I'd say thats a solid step in the right direction. After being purchased by an "entertainment" company being bought by a company with a solid interest in drag racing certainly can't hurt, right?

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
I'm making myself available to run the joint........ PROMODS will replace PS Bikes my first call ........ Don't Thank me now just look at the TV Ratings the first race ;) ....... OH Wait I'm firing ESPN 2nd ...... Watch YWN :smt082

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
From DragRacing Online..

DRO editor Jeff Burk now believes, based upon recent information he has received, the chances are good that after the U.S. Nationals at the first race of NHRA’s chase to the Championship which will be held Bruton Smith's newly completed ZMax track in Charlotte the Smith family and their company SMI may announce that they will purchase the NHRA. Come back Monday morning and read all about it in Burk’s Blast. [8/1/2008]
PLEASE:party

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Hopefully he is purchasing ALL of the NHRA and Not just the Pro categories...

The people who are at the Head of the NHRA right now have no Idea what they are doing...

I sat in Meetings with them back about 8 years ago and could not believe what they were saying as to where they thought they were taking NHRA Drag Racing

They were basically telling us that NHRA was going White Collar to attract Major Sponsorship,

They told me they envisioned people Helicoptering in just to watch the finals for 4-5 hours and then flying out after they were over..

They pretty much said that Blue Collar America was not going to get them the sponsorship dollars they were looking for.

If Bruton Buys the whole thing, I may get my Drag strip Built!!!

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts
After being purchased by an "entertainment" company
That deal fell apart, didn't it? I'd love to see what Bruton could do with it!

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Bruton would be good for the sport I think. He makes money from his investments and he takes care of the guys who put on the show too. He don't piss off any of the different NASCAR racers in any division. RM

·
Spiritual Gynocologist
80,189 Posts
Bruton Smith ROCKS!

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
That's definitely true, RM.....I don't remember ever hearing any of the racers say anything bad about Bruton, or Humpy Wheeler, for that matter. IMO, the way NHRA is today, I can't see anywhere for it to go but up. I hope it's true and that it works out, but there's been rumors like this many times before.

·
Photoshop Pisser Offer
3,461 Posts
From DragRacing Online..

How many times do we have to endure this same rumor over and over...

I ain't buying until I sees the documents. I almost bought HD Partners stock last time... Whew..!

·
Registered
259 Posts
we can only hope that he buys it............ it may actually survive then! the current owners are running it into the shitter!

·
T/S 368E
35,274 Posts

Not going to get excited about another rumor. If it turns out to be true,
Hurrayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts