Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Small tire Pimp
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the 2011 NHRA rule book

This thing is so confusing.

What class would Street Strip car be under?

What Shit would I need to run in the mid to high 9's mid to low 6's in the 1/8

car was legal to run 9.49 under ihra rules but now NHRA invaded my home track.

Just trying to get an idea of the shit i'm gonna have to update

Thanks

·
Registered
20,012 Posts
I suggest you call your NHRA division tech director and tell him what you have that is IHRA certified and he will tell you what you have to do to change everything. I read on the IHRA website that its just paperwork if you are NHRA legal and want to change to IHRA. I don't know what is required going the other way. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
I just got the 2011 NHRA rule book

This thing is so confusing.

What class would Street Strip car be under?

What Shit would I need to run in the mid to high 9's mid to low 6's in the 1/8

car was legal to run 9.49 under ihra rules but now NHRA invaded my home track.

Just trying to get an idea of the shit i'm gonna have to update

Thanks
You need a NHRA competition lic., certified cage, window net, driving suit, shoes ,gloves, neck collar, helmet and sfi trans shields, balancer and....

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
you'll probably need some more safety crap i have to wear shoes, gloves, and neck collar. chassis has to be cert. at 9.99 with at least 10pt cage and have a nhra license don't know when ihra requires it. i'm not sure what super strip is, if it's a index style 10.90 is super street 9.90 is super gas hope this helps

·
Small tire Pimp
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies

The car has a 6 point on plates for a roll bar now

Tranny shield new last year SFI balancer also new last year axles DS loop all that shit Which I guess would put my car legal to the 10.0 range now

So if I'm understanding this I would need to add the front bars halo and window net for the chassis. then get it certed $$$ then go for the LIC more $$$

Then the safety gear I would need would be gloves neck collar and shoes. I already have a jacket and pants and helmet

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Also need a flywheel shield and your jacket and pants have to be double layer, if they are not allready.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
but the pants and jacket have to be mulit layered not single or at least a differnet sfi rating you'll have too check

·
Registered
901 Posts
In the back of the rulebook is a quick reference guide listing that has all of the items needed for your target E.T.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I am in the same boat as you. My car ran 9.50s in street trim NA. Every year I could spend $60 renew my IHRA licence get an ATI and ready to go.
The car had been NHRA and IHRA certified before. But now recertified $225, you have to be a NHRA member for their ETI about $70, licence $100, pants, gloves, neck collar and shoes $400. I go to the track a couple of times a year so I think if the car ran 10.0s I would be just as happy. Good luck.

·
Small tire Pimp
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hear ya

I goto the track a few times a year the car ran 10.28 at 130 last year the 1st time I ran it all out .

So with the new Ultimate converter and Monte Smith flowing my juice kit. I'm thinking it should go right in the high 9's

My luck I will add this extra weight and go thru all this BS and the thing will run 10.0 or 9.98

Just sucks

I think they are gonna have some real problems up there nothing like dropping this ball on the racers with less then 60 days till track opening

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,767 Posts
Shoes? Never had anyone at any track ask me to see my shoes........... I wear regular sneakers with the rest of the needed gear for sub 10.00 runs. When did they require fireproof shoes?

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
shoes gloves collar mulitlayer pants and jacket all at 9.99 some places just don't check it all i can tell you us13 does

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,767 Posts
Hell, at that track they should require a parachute above 140! I had sooooo much fun stopping there going 136+ two years ago. Brought my wifes car there last year, 120 was so much easier!

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
yeah my 140 was a little hairy guessin thats where i picked up a pulsation

·
Registered
703 Posts
I run under IHRA rules so I know what's extra if I want to go to an NHRA track.

Things that are required by NHRA to run 9.99 and quicker that IHRA may not require. This is assuming you already have everything to run 9.99 and quicker under IHRA rules such as all the SFI required things etc. This may not be exact but will give you an idea what's required.

Chassis certification. NHRA and IHRA chassis certs are basically the same so as long as you have one, you should be good to go. To get an 8.50 cert, you need a basic full cage. Nothing special like dash bar, sill bar etc. IHRA doesn't require the chassis cert until 9.00 but still requires you to have a full cage at 9.99

2 layer jacket and pants. Gloves I believe only need to be single layer (no gloves required for IHRA). Neck collar and/or HANS device. Full face helmet. Open face helmets are no longer accepted below 9.99

NHRA competition license. IHRA will accept the NHRA license but NHRA will not accept the IHRA license.

Engine diaper. Although it's not mandatory yet for bracket cars, there's a good chance it will be for the 2012 season in both NHRA and IHRA for all vehicles running 9.99 and quicker. Some tracks are already enforcing the rule as a track rule. It does NOT have to be SFI certified for the bracket cars.

That's about it. If you and your car have all the requirements to run quicker than 9.99 under IHRA rules, you'll need to update to a few more things to run under NHRA rules. All the other rules such as having a chute for 150 mph and faster etc are the same for both sanctioning bodies.

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Listen up, guys, this is VERY easy to follow. All cars on the drag strip, UNLESS YOU ARE RUNNING AT A NHRA NATIONAL OR DIVISIONAL EVENT, fall into one of two classes. If your car runs 7.50 or slower, it must meet the rules of Section 4A (Super Pro, Pro, Sportsman). These rules are listed on Section 4, page 1 through page 9. If your car runs 7.49 or quicker, it must also meet the rules of Section 4B (Advanced ET), starting on Section 4B, page 9 through page 12. THAT IS IT. None of the class rules listed in the rest of the book (with one exception) apply to you. The one exception would be Section 20, (General Rules and Regulations), starting on Section 20, page 3 through page 43. In Section 4A and 4B, it may refer you to parts on the General Rules and Regulations to define a particular rule, very easy to find. A 9-second car, for instance fall into the rules listed only in Section 4A. pages 1 through 9 plus any relevent rules in the Gen. Rules and Regs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts