Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Vendor
6,472 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
I agree , ESPN should make room for coverage of the Pro Mods in their NHRA broadcast's.
Pro Mod is not an NHRA class, they (the Jegs series) rent track time during NHRA national events. They are responsible for their own tv contracts, purse, contingency, etc. Maybe next year Troy and the Jegs people can lobby for some TV time or something, until then you can't really fault ESPN if there is no contract.

·
Pro Mod Professor
6,846 Posts

·
Vendor
6,472 Posts
Nova site says you need to be a member:smt076
Oops sorry NA:

Please keep my uncle and my family in your thoughts and prayers. We were racing in Indy this weekend and my uncle Steve Engel crashed in Pro Mod qualifying saturday night. He lost control and slammed into the wall close to top speed at the end of the track. He took out 4 concrete barriers, flipped, and then slid down the rest of the track. He was in surgery for several hours and he is in very serious condition. The car was completely destroyed so please keep our family and his wife and the kids in your thoughts. It was a very bad crash and he hit extremely hard. We also pulled out the dragster after the crash and have decided to end racing this season completely. The next 3 days will be crucial for his recovery. Thanks guys and be safe.

UPDATE:

Thank you everyone for your kind words and keeping us in your thoughts. Things are still up in the air right now. He is alive however he did sustain alot of damage to his spinal cord and vertebrae. It's too early to say what the final outcome will be so please keep your thoughts and prayers for him going. I am still kind of numb because it's hard to see it happen to any driver and ever harder when its someone you know. It very well could have been me or anyone else. Alot of the people that knew him racers and locals are all taking it pretty hard. It means alot to me and all of us what everyone on this site and other sites have said. I may not be on the site for awhile but thank you to everyone and please keep it safe.

·
Registered
366 Posts
they don't need any more bad press this season, especially with the shift in management.
Gotcha. Wasn't sure if you were saying you weren't surprised by Engel crashing or NHRA not talking about the crash.

On a side note, NHRA and SFI could both take this opportunity to showcase how well the cages and safety equipment helped. Might would help to recover from some of the bad press.

·
Chicken Leg?
17,838 Posts
Gotcha. Wasn't sure if you were saying you weren't surprised by Engel crashing or NHRA not talking about the crash.

On a side note, NHRA and SFI could both take this opportunity to showcase how well the cages and safety equipment helped. Might would help to recover from some of the bad press.
i didn't mean to sound dry either. any serious crash involves risk, injury, or loss of human life, & they should never be taken lightly, even if the driver walks away. i apologize if i seemed insensitive. i try to keep in mind this person has family who loves them, and next time it could be me......

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Really hoping for the best.

And BTW: Pro-mod is the best class of them all.

Cars that still look somewhat like cars.
Big variety of car bodies.
Big variety of powerplants.
Big time HP and speeds.

Everything about the class is entertaining.

I actually left the stands for part of Nitro, but was back in time to catch pro-mod.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts