Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Godspeed TK!
8,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting here watching NHRA, & Was just wondering why the pro-stock cars DONT have the exhaust out of the fenders? Is it a NHRA rule?? :smt102 "Most" of the cars with those body stlyes these dayz-have them' pokin' out of the fenders;)

·
T/S 368E
29,983 Posts

That's a good one!!!

Because they use what's best, not the monkey see, monkey do, fad of the day.

·
Registered
624 Posts
you don't see mountain motor cars with them either. . .so do you think there is a reason only nitrous pro mods use them!

·
Confused Racer
40,287 Posts
I have them on my outlaw car because i have no room under the car plus its supercharged. (fumes and fire)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Overheats floorpans on N2O car and has been known to get driver's feet really hot. Not to mention burns powder coat off both floor pans.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I know this is stupid but wouldn't it be great if in a Pro Stock final one of the cars would purge a line while staging? LOL Maybe if someone had a air assisted shift or something and purged that line just to get in the other guy's head.

·
Registered
988 Posts

That's a good one!!!

Because they use what's best, not the monkey see, monkey do, fad of the day.

Whats that mean ? I know for a fact that it is not just a fad IT WORKS ! Plus the bull horns are ugly

·
Registered
877 Posts
Fender exit exhaust may work well on VERY quick, HIGH horsepower cars; I've never thought about the heat/burning off the powder coat on the floors...but now there are 11 and 12 second cars with it. It's a fad of sorts that everyone wants to hack up their fenders to "fit in" and "look cool". just my .02

·
In the Beams.
21,997 Posts
Because NHRA is trying to keep the STOCK in PRO STOCK thats why..they also must run a type of dash and other stock appearing Nuances..

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I know this is stupid but wouldn't it be great if in a Pro Stock final one of the cars would purge a line while staging? LOL Maybe if someone had a air assisted shift or something and purged that line just to get in the other guy's head.
Maybe Wayne County could show them how to do it?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts