Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
11,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NHRA PRO MOD COMBOS ( ALL ) Will be raised 15lbs. NHRA says this will help teams make min weight after adding new 2020 safety stuff.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
The way they keep screwing around with the weights, anyone would think it’s cheap to do so. I’d be pretty pissed off, if I had spent $X’s on say Titanium Wheelie bars to get down to weight & someone says, dont worry we just raised minimum weight.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
A lot (maybe most) of the cars are going to be adding a fresh air system, tunnel to cover the trans, flame resistant coating for front end, etc. if they weren’t already below min weight they’d be even farther in the hole after those additions. If you’re worried about pricing people out of the field the complaint should probably be more about they rule book amendments and newly required safety gear.

Generally I think the guys already running the series have the money from the team or sponsors to cover it, but the teams I’m guessing it’ll affect are the smaller teams who were planning to a couple events that were close to them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts