Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
No fans No prolonged racing......kinda like the local No Farms No Food bumper stickers???? IMHO, all forms of car racing from local drag to dirt stuff is walking a tight wire on staying relevant n surviving this years based on sponsorship n the $ involved. NASCAR has tv. NHRA not so much. Local drag n dirt tracks here opening are depending on the State/Local officials guidelines n losing $ each week not running. Not like the local dirt tracks in my area were drawing much of a crowd before this stuff. Times are gonna be different in the near future for sure. Only 3 current drag strips semi locally in Maryland here. I hope they weather this current storm!!

·
Registered
26,473 Posts
No fans No prolonged racing......kinda like the local No Farms No Food bumper stickers???? IMHO, all forms of car racing from local drag to dirt stuff is walking a tight wire on staying relevant n surviving this years based on sponsorship n the $ involved. NASCAR has tv. NHRA not so much. Local drag n dirt tracks here opening are depending on the State/Local officials guidelines n losing $ each week not running. Not like the local dirt tracks in my area were drawing much of a crowd before this stuff. Times are gonna be different in the near future for sure. Only 3 current drag strips semi locally in Maryland here. I hope they weather this current storm!!
Bracket racing should be allowed to open now.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
Stop being afraid. Unless you have bad health you not in danger. The local drag strips should all be open. More danger going into a Walmart than in a 50 acre drag strip.
I ain't afraid, that dipshit is....
You are correct, your chances are much, much higher to catch it at the petri dish Walmarts or grocery stores then at a drag race.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Stop being afraid. Unless you have bad health you not in danger. The local drag strips should all be open. More danger going into a Walmart than in a 50 acre drag strip.
Larry , I'm not afraid. But I don't want to be the one that drags this virus home and gives it to my wife, which I'm pretty sure it would kill. Or my brother for that matter. Its not about being afraid, its about being respectful and caring about more than our personal agendas. That's why I have no problem wearing a mask. Its not for me, if I die tomorrow I've had one hell of a blessed life. But the world don't revolve around me.Tons of people think it does ....

·
T/S 368E
27,696 Posts

I wonder how much pay cut the NHRA bosses have taken to help survive!!!

·
T/S 368E
27,696 Posts
Larry , I'm not afraid. But I don't want to be the one that drags this virus home and gives it to my wife, which I'm pretty sure it would kill. Or my brother for that matter. Its not about being afraid, its about being respectful and caring about more than our personal agendas. That's why I have no problem wearing a mask. Its not for me, if I die tomorrow I've had one hell of a blessed life. But the world don't revolve around me.Tons of people think it does ....

Exactly. I will not be eating at a restaurant, going to see a movie, or standing in a line for anything, that's for damn sure.
What I will do is go to a 200 acre dragstrip and support them the best I can.
I also will be wearing mask & gloves, and if any of my friends get too close, I will be telling them to get the frick away!!!
If I have to go stand at the stripe alone because people are invading my space, that's what I will do.
We have a perfect activity to do during the virus, fresh air, plenty of room to separate, yet the churches & restaurants are open now, and we are only allowed 25 people on a 200 acre property!!! Completely idiotic!!!!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts