Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
T/S 368E
27,696 Posts

Sad to hear, but I know I'm not doing anything in a group like that until I 100% know it's over!!!
I don't trust the guy next to me is clean, way too many imbeciles walking around spreading the virus.

·
T/S 368E
27,696 Posts

We knew RT 66 would be the last track to reopen.
Those people are the laziest people in the entire motorsports world!!!!

·
T/S 368E
27,696 Posts

The small teams better pray for no busted up chassis or multiple blocks being split in 1/2.
Not a lot of time to head home and fix your stuff.
Plus a lot of these guys own a business.

·
T/S 368E
27,696 Posts

Maybe I missed it, will they skip the stupid nascar want to be system this year??? I HOPE!!!!

·
T/S 368E
27,696 Posts

Thank you Sir.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Slow Death ahead. Put a bunch oh drag races into a little time with no people in the stands n n your see it go down hill $ wise. Just me..

·
Registered
34,786 Posts
Larry, I believe at this point it is all about getting in as many races in a row with travel logistics being priority. All of the races listed are one week apart each.
Good point. I was going to Sonoma like I've done many times. I live in southern Pa. but we visit relatives at this time but not this year because of no race.

·
T/S 368E
27,696 Posts

None of this is even cut in stone yet, what if there is a huge spike???

I'm used to hockey that plays every other day in the playoff's.
That seems to work out decent.
Maybe race every other W/E, and go until 1 Dec.??

Like I said, many if not most of the guys on the circuit have a real life also to take care of??

·
Registered
869 Posts
If Nascar can run with no fans next weekend, there is no reason NHRA can't figure something out. I watched the President of Nascar on Dale Jr's Download talk about how they are doing it. They are shooting for keeping the same number of races in the schedule, so sponsors and TV don't have to renegotiate all the contracts and lose massive revenue. And they are starting near Charlotte/Darlington 2x so easy day trips, nobody has to fly, overnight in motels...No fans in stands, but will be providing the entertainment to the people through TV.

So why the hell can't NHRA do that? Pick a track near wherever most of the teams are, if that's Indy or Charlotte... and hold a couple events there for TV. To just cancel everything is showing zero creativity. I'd bet they don't want to lose all that gate money and t shirt sales. But... news flash, there isn't going to be crowds at any sporting event anywhere for a long time. Might as well accept that and kick off some empty grand stand events. If they are waiting for all the states on the rest of the schedule to open up for fans in the stands... not happening this year.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts

Sad to hear, but I know I'm not doing anything in a group like that until I 100% know it's over!!!
I don't trust the guy next to me is clean, way too many imbeciles walking around spreading the virus.

I'll say it again, hopefully someone will relay the message to you...
You are a fucking moron.....period.

If anybody's probably a dirty fuck, it you....

·
T/S 368E
27,696 Posts
If Nascar can run with no fans next weekend, there is no reason NHRA can't figure something out. I watched the President of Nascar on Dale Jr's Download talk about how they are doing it. They are shooting for keeping the same number of races in the schedule, so sponsors and TV don't have to renegotiate all the contracts and lose massive revenue. And they are starting near Charlotte/Darlington 2x so easy day trips, nobody has to fly, overnight in motels...No fans in stands, but will be providing the entertainment to the people through TV.

So why the hell can't NHRA do that? Pick a track near wherever most of the teams are, if that's Indy or Charlotte... and hold a couple events there for TV. To just cancel everything is showing zero creativity. I'd bet they don't want to lose all that gate money and t shirt sales. But... news flash, there isn't going to be crowds at any sporting event anywhere for a long time. Might as well accept that and kick off some empty grand stand events. If they are waiting for all the states on the rest of the schedule to open up for fans in the stands... not happening this year.

Can't argue with that.
I think they are still hoping to get fans in the seats, that's why they released the new weekly schedule 1st.

If that doesn't work, than do a few races in a row out east, midwest than west to fulfill their sponsor commitments!!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts